The Set Up, Dahlia's POV

Chapter 2
Dahlia

I'm in my office with my best friend Carla as she asks me about my next move.

"So who do you think you'll work with next?" She asks excitedly
"Coldplay, Katy Perry, oh you said you wanted to make a tribute music video for Linkin Park since Chester Bennington's birthday is coming up, you still gonna do that?"

I look out my window, my office is on the ninth floor of an executive building in downtown Dallas, I look at the cars driving to and fro and wonder where they're going or where they're coming from.

I sigh
"Carla I'm gonna be honest with you I'm drawing a blank, it's not easy putting images to words like people think."

"Well you make it looks easy." She says pointing at my Mtv astronaut and Grammy award.

"Well those awards aren't given out for participation kid, anyway I just need something new, I want to work with someone that's fresh."

Carla looks at me with a mischievous smile. "Well you know who is making a comeback and I'm sure he would be all to grateful if his videos had a woman's touch."

"You and I both know I don't mix live interests with music, it just makes the song and/or video that the couple made together cringey, I mean look at the stuff that Nick Jonas and Miley Cyrus did and then what Selena Gomez and Nick Jonas did, I mean when you look at that stuff don't you just cringe knowing how it all went down?"

"Yeah Nick Jonas really was young and stupid." Carla said while playing with her long black hair

"My point is I'm not gonna mix love with work it never works out in the end."

The phone rings my secretary Tricia answers it.

"Another artist another opportunity" I say with a smile on my face.

I walk out of my office to listen in on the call.

I signal to Tricia to put the call on speaker. "...we'd like to meet with Ms. Jones for a meeting on collaborating with her for Mr. Mahone's big comeback."

Mr. Mahone? Collaborate? I thought to myself.

"I'm sorry but her calendar is ful-"

I signal Tricia to cut. "Clear everything for the rest if the week" I whisper

Tricia nods then continues "I'm sorry about that what day did you say you wanted the meeting?"

"Would this Friday be alright?" The voice asks.

I nod to Tricia and put up two fingers

"Friday is perfect, is 2pm alright?"

"Sounds perfect!" The voice exclaims

"We'll see you then Mr. Constancio have a wonderful day!" Tricia hangs up.

"Constancio?" I thought. That's one of Austin's BFF's

"Ooohhh Constancio, So we're working with THE Austin Mahone but what happened to not mixing love with work?" Carla asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Who said I loved him, this is simply a meeting great minds working together to create something for the world to enjoy." I say matter of factly

"Oh cut the crap Dahl, you've been imagining that body on top of yours since freshmen year of high school and now that you have the chance to be in the SAME room as him you pounce on it faster than a lioness that hasn't eaten in three days." Carla says with a cocky tone

Tricia giggles. I look at her with a raised brow wondering what's so funny. She immediately stops.

"Say what you will but just because I may have a SLIGHT crush with one of my potential clients doesn't mean this will affect my work in any way."

"Oh of course not Dahl." Carla says in a sarcastic tone.

"Look I'm just helping a young artist like myself get back on the horse, this is merely a generous act." I say reassuringly.

Carla rolls her eyes. "Whatever."

If I get enough likes with chapter one and two I'll continue the story if not I'll just out this on the back burner.

Let me know what you guys think =)
Make sure to vote if you want more