Reunion

Third POV
Elizabeth  landed bracing on her knee with the opposite arm reaching out to nothing for balance. She pulled her head up from looking at the ground and smiled at her brothers that were standing on the porch.

She introduced herself to the Mikaelson brothers. She smiled and stuck her hand out and said "hi im Elizabeth Salvatore, I've heard much about you." "I'm Elijah, and this is Niklaus." He gestured to his brother.

They made their way back to the dining room where Damon and Stefan both hugged their sister and said "hey Lizzie, did you finish your job?" "I didn't but I finished enough to take a break and come to dinner as promised."

"Isn't this nice? Five of us dining together? Such a treat. Is this what you had in mind when you pulled the dagger from my brother?" "Well, I know how he felt about you, so I figured the more, the merrier." Damon said as he winked at Elijah, Elizabeth who kept glancing between shook her head at his childishness. It would get him killed one day. "Well, Elijah and I have had our share of quarrels over the century. But we always make it through." "Kind of like you and Rebekah, right? Where is she, by the way? Last I checked she was still daggered because you were afraid to face her." Once the name Rebekah was mentioned Elizabeth perked up, they had met in 1891 while she was in New Orleans for a short time, they had become fast friends. She also met Kol in 1864. "If you're referring to the fact that Rebekah knows I killed our mother, I've already come clean to Elijah." Stefan finally spoke "Hey, Stef, remember when you killed dad? Might want to dial down the judgment until dessert." "Wait, wait Stef you killed dad" "Don't be mad, besides we're here to make a deal, Damon. Doesn't mean we need to kiss his ass for seven courses." "I'm not mad, maybe a little jealous. I wanted to be the one to finally do it" Elizabeth spoke, earning looks from everyone in the room. "I'm just saying we have a long evening ahead of us. Pace yourself." Damon said

It got quite so Elijah spoke and said "So Elizabeth, your brothers said you were at a job. What Is it that you do?" All the men in the room sat forward to hear what was going to be said. Damon and Stefan because they weren't 100% what she did and the Mikaelsons since they didn't know the Salvatore's had a sister till earlier that night. "I'm an government agent." Elizabeth said simply. They all sat there shocked, a vampire in the government.

After they began to eat Elijah started up a conversation again. "Stefan. Where is the lovely Elena tonight?" "I don't know. Ask Damon." When that was said Klaus laughed and Elizabeth groaned.
"I'm sorry, you've missed so much. Ah, trouble in paradise." "One more word about Elena and this dinner's over." Damon, finally deciding to input into the conversation said "You know what, probably best just to keep Elena in the do-not-discuss pile." Elizabeth groaned again and said "why does everyone like her? From what I've heard she's a self centered bitch that pulls everyone into her problems. And to add onto that she says she loves Stefan but she kissed Damon." Everyone looked shocked at her outburst. Klaus spoke up after getting over his shock. "You're probably right." "Yeah." "It's just the allure of the Petrova doppelgänger, still so strong. What do you say, brother? Should we tell them about Tatia?"
"Now why should we discuss matters long since resolved?" "Well, given their shared affection for both Elena and Katerina, I think our guests might be curious to learn about the originator of the Petrova line." "Well, we're not going anywhere Elijah. Please, do tell." "Don't need to tell me I already know." They all looked at her curiously but didn't say anything." "When our family first settled here, there was a girl named Tatia. She was an exquisite beauty. Every boy of age desired to be her suitor, even though she'd had a child with another man. And none loved her more than Niklaus." "I'd say there was one who loved her at least as much." "Wait a minute. So you both loved the same girl?" "Oh look Damon, Stefan you guys are just like them. Just a little less murdery." They just seemed to ignore her. "Our mother was a very powerful witch. She sought to end our feud over Tatia and so she took her. Klaus and I would later learn that it was Tatia's blood that we consumed in the wine on the night where our mother performed the spell which turned us into vampires. Tatia wouldn't make a decision between the two of us, so for a time Niklaus and I...grew estranged. Harsh words were traded, we even came to blows, didn't we, brother?" "But in the end we realized the sacred bond of family." "Family above all." "Family above all." Elizabeth rolled her eyes and said "of course you say that, more than 1/2 of your family are in boxes." That caused everyone to look at her funny.

"So, why don't we move this evening along and discuss the terms of this proposal?" Damon replied "That's very simple. Klaus, he and the Original extended family leave Mystic Falls forever. Me, Stefan, Elizabeth and Elena live happily ever after. No grudges." Elijah spoke up "The deal sounds fair, brother." "I don't think you understand. Elena's doppelgänger blood ensures that I will always have more hybrids to fight those that oppose me. I will never leave her behind."

Klaus has started pacing when he spoke "Let's say I do leave her here, under your protection, what then? How long before one of you turns her into a vampire? Or worse, how long before she dies caught between your feuding? You see, each one of you truly believes that you're the one that can protect her, and that is simply a delusion. Gentlemen, the worst thing for Elena Gilbert is...the two of you. Hell, even your sister looks like she wants to kill her when someone mentions her name." When Elizabeth heard her name mentioned she looked up and smirked. Damon just gave a weak smile, then looked at Stefan. "I'm gonna get some air."

Damon got up and walked out with Elijah following

Damon got up and walked out with Elijah following. "Let me deal with this."