7. Games

"Don't they look so cute," squealed Patricia with excitement as she sat at the granite covered island in the middle of the kitchen, while her eyes were glued to the pair who sat in the dining room.

"Nope," Isabella answered vindictively. Her eyes were also on the pair, that pair of course being none other than Donovan and Keisha.

As she watched them from the leather black bar stool she sat at, she couldn't help but reminisce the scene she had witnessed just moments prior. Her mind was stuck on the conversation she had listened in on, and from what she had remembered, Donovan had basically admitted to liking her, and just the knowledge of that side of his feelings towards her caused an elated feeling to fill her.

That feeling disappeared immediately though once the rest of what she had witnessed resurfaced in her memories: Donovan kissing Keisha. The memories caused her heart to ache as she remembered how Keisha ran her fingers through Donovan's dark curls and how his lips touched hers. The fact that he allowed that to happen or even kissed her back bothered Isabella so much and she didn't even know why.

"Sorry Pat but I agree with Isabella," Vanessa chimed in, who was sitting on the last barstool by Isabella. Her blue eyes were on Donovan, as he flipped the page in his thick blue statistics textbook. "Donovan is fine as hell don't get me wrong, but he can do better. Keisha ain't all that."

Patricia looked at Vanessa and rolled her eyes, disagreeing completely. "Girl please, Keisha is super pretty, they make a bomb ass looking couple."

One word specifically stood out to Isabella as Patricia responded. "Couple," she repeatedly bitterly. "So they're together now?"

Vanessa eyed Isabella curiously but didn't say anything as she turned in her seat, her body facing Isabella.

"I'm not sure but I hope so," Patricia grinned, letting her match making ways get the best of her. "Personally I think they'd be good for each other. I mean, Keisha is his type after all."

Isabella raised a brow. "What's his type?"

"The usual, nice body, pretty smile, someone who carries themselves right, who's smart, funny," Patricia listed.

Isabella nodded her head and wondered if he had thought that she was any of those things.

"Well shoot, maybe I should try getting at him," Vanessa gigged, half jokingly half seriously. She, like most girls, was also attracted to Donovan. Now that she saw he was single and just mingling around, she hoped that maybe he'd give her a shot.

That statement didn't sit well with Isabella as it caused her to glare at Vanessa in irritation. "Aren't there other guys for you to get at?" Keisha was already all over him, the last thing she wanted was for Vanessa to be next.

"Girl why do you care anyways," Vanessa asked. "Don't you have a whole boyfriend to be worried about?"

Patricia's eyes widened at Vanessa's bold reply; she was surprised at how quickly that escalated. But she then looked at Isabella questionably, awaiting her response.

"Uh yeah," Isabella stammered nervously as she ran her fingers through her dark hair. She didn't understand why Vanessa had put her on the spot. "B-but still, I just don't g-get why you want Donovan all of a sudden."

Vanessa narrowed her eyes, not buying Isabella's answer. "What I don't understand is why you're even worried about him. First you asking if he's in a relationship, which shouldn't matter to you anyways. But then you wanna know what his type is and shit. If I wasn't aware of you and Christopher I would've thought you liked Donovan."

Isabella rolled her eyes and shook her head, sighing heavily. "But I don't." Did she?  She couldn't think straight as she even tried comprehending the idea of her liking Donovan or even wanting him. Yes she was attracted to him, but that didn't surprise her, he was a good looking guy and many other people could vouch for that. She was attracted to him if we were talking about his looks. As for his personality, she thought he was very sweet, caring and honest when she considered their few encounters which was literally two to three. If she was being honest with herself she would admit that she did have a slight crush on him because of how he was and how he treated her.