"O-o.K. Everything's fine, Ms. Abigail," he answered, not trying to keep eye contact with the older lady. He could tell that she was definitely of importance, and he didn't want to cross her in any way.

She smiled at him, and soon made conversation with him, talking about his studies, and if he was getting along with his dorm mates.

He remembered answering with short and brief answers, and before he knew it, their conversation was finished, and she was heading out the door.

Renjun remembered going to bed with a headache that night, and trying to sleep it off.

The next time he had met with Ms. Carthwright was when he had just turned six and she showed up the same time she did last time.

She had asked similar irrelevant questions, and he answered with his brief and short answers until it was time for her to leave.

But unlike last time, he had seen her out, walking her to the door. He had learned that in a session that etiquette and politeness is a virtue that all should have, so he tried his best to have it.

She had been impressed, and praised the boy for his manners, and stopped at the door.

"Renjun, I want you to know that I am here always if you ever need anything. You can always ask for me," she said lightly, caressing his small face as he smiled up at her. He felt good that he had someone to look up to but also was there for him.

"Yes, Ms. Abigail. Thank you, and have a good night," he answered, sending her off well.

She smiled at the six year old, who seemed mighty eloquent in her eyes, and left the dorm, not looking back to see the boy close the door.

She had great plans for him.

Ever since then, she would visit him frequently, watching as the boy grew older.

It wasn't until the age of ten that he had started to show signs of a heightened memory, and sooner than he imagined, the woman took him to an unfamiliar building.

It seemed an off-white, and dark windows.

She had been holding his hand, giving reassuring squeezes to calm the boy, until they were each inside and facing a man with a white lab coat, clipboard and pen.

Renjun looked at the man, who eventually took him away from Ms. Abigail, who kept telling him he was going to be fine.

But those were lies.

The strange man had led him to a room, completely white, with no windows or detectable lights, and told him to sit in the chair that sat in the middle of the room.

Renjun did as he was told, sitting in the chair without any comments or questions.

The man had placed two stickers onto his temples, which caused the boy to look at him, confused written on his face, but again, Renjun said nothing.

Then the man left Renjun, leaving the way they had come in, and Renjun was left in the silence.

But he never had doubts about what Ms. Abigail had told him, because he had no reason to have distrust for her. So he sat patiently in the chair, until the throbbing began.

It was dull at first, starting with his temples, and then they started to get stronger. Deep and aching throbs of pain was eventually coursing through Renjun's body, but then he realized something else.