Chapter 8

Hey! nuff said

~

"Dan. Dan. Dan. Dan. Dan." Dan felt Phil poking him in the arms, legs, stomach and face. But he was too tired. "I don't want to have to do this." Phil said warningly. Dan didn't really comprehend what he said until it was too late. Phil poked Dan in the neck and he screamed. "Hey! What the hell! Aaaahh stop!" he yelled and squirmed around. Phil smirked. "I was just waking you up. We have school."

Dan showered quickly and straightened his hair with his straighteners that Sarah brought from his house, along with the rest of his things. He shuffled through his box of clothes and grabbed a stripy jumper and black jeans.

He ran downstairs and saw Phil sitting at the table wearing a blue and white striped shirt and dark blue skinnies. He looked up at Dan immediately and smiled when he sat down beside him. They had a quick waffle and headed to school.

They walked together and arrived at the school. They headed to their separate lockers before class. Dan's was beside a girl name Emily, and Chris.

He saw Chris walk up to his locker. "Hey mate!" he said. Dan smiled. "I'm having a sleepover tomorrow, wanna come?" he said like a schoolgirl. They laughed for a bit. "But seriously, come, it'll be you, me, PJ, and Phil." Chris said in a laid back tone and Dan grinned. "Cool. They should call us the Fantastic Four!" he said and Chris smirked. "Don't you mean Fantastic Foursome?" He said and walked off.

***

Dan got through his boring classes talking to Phil and drawing pictures for each other. Dan was a rather terrible drawer but it was still fun.

When art came along, Dan was working on his portrait of Phil and talking to PJ. "Hey Peej, are you going to Chris's tomorrow?" he asked thoughtfully. PJ smiled happily. "Yep. Chris can be so cute sometimes." he said quietly and blushed. Dan smiled, happy for him. "Do you like Chris?" he asked, curious. PJ's face went even brighter red. "Uhm, I.. yes" he said, embarrassed. Dan poked him playfully. "Good for you!" he said happily and smiled.

He wished Phil liked him. Maybe he could get Chris or PJ to ask for him. Dan looked back at Phil and saw him frown and turn away. Why? Did he think they were flirting again? No. Maybe? No...

Dan stopped painting for a minute to review what he had painted. In the middle, it was an outline of Phil's face and there were colorful roses in the background. It looked pretty good so far, and Dan was surprised. He wasn't much of an artist, not like Phil. Phil could draw so well and he was also so modest. Dan loved him.

***

School was finally over and Dan and Phil were walking back. It was rather cold out, and Phil was shivering. So Dan reached his hand out and grabbed Phil's hand. Phil looked over and smiled at him. "You're the best, Dan" he said and blushed. Dan blushed back. What an idiot. Doesn't he know I love him?

~end~