chapter five

after scott and stiles left, i pulled my claws out. i put them away, and repeated the action, pulling them out again. i was so excited, i squealed. i put them away again, and grabbed my phone from my bed. i pressed the facetime button and called my friend, lindsey. she picked up, and i had to hold myself back from telling her i was a werewolf. we talked and talked, until james knocked on my door with a tray of food for me. he carried in saltine crackers, chicken noodle soup, iced water, hot tea, cough drops, and every other remedy for my "sickness".

"thank you, bub," i said as i sat up, lindsey still on the phone.

"i also brought you some bread with butter, and i cut the crusts off just the way you like it. feel better squish." james sat at the foot of my bed as he watched me drink some tea. "are you gonna go back to school tomorrow?"

"no. tomorrow's saturday." i smiled and dunked a piece of bread into the soup. lindsey popped back onto the screen from scrolling on instagram and watched.

"i wish i had an older brother, he seems so sweet, (y/n). sibling goals!" james laughs and begins to explain to her that our younger sister, anna, was very annoying and super bratty. lindsey rolled her eyes, and began to talk about scott and stiles. my eyes widened and i quickly turned my volume all the way down. james looked at me, and smirked with his hands on his hips.

"i, well, stiles and scott, they're just some guys, they're our friends, and nothing more!" i reassured james that there was nothing going on between the three of us, because there wasn't. he rolled his eyes and walked out of my room. lindsey covered her mouth as i shook my head at her. she totally blew my cover with james! i told her to meet me at the beacon hill's highschool's parking lot, and i texted stiles and scott to meet me there too. i was going to tell lindsey about what i am. i texted scott, and asked to tell lindsey, since she was my new best friend. i waited until i got a reply from him, and he said he'll meet us. right after he sent that, i got another text from scott. he said that i'll have to earn her word, that she will tell no one about this, and then yes, i could tell her. i squealed in excitement, and lindsey asked me what was wrong.

"oh, nothing, i just got some exciting news. i'll see you at the school, okay?" she nodded and hung up. i began to pack my purse of my essentials and touch up my makeup. i dressed in a nice sweater and black jeans with holes in them. i put on a pair of black heals. i applied red lipstick to my plump lips and touched up my mascara. i perfected my eyeliner, sprayed my vanilla perfume, popped it in my purse, and creaked my door open. everyone was asleep, and since tomorrow's saturday, i didn't have to worry about losing sleep. i snuck down the stairs and crept out the back door. my loud dogs were asleep with james and anna.

i lived close to the high school, so the walk wasn't far. lindsey pulls up in a black ford f-150, and hops out. she looks around.

"what are we doing here?" she asks as she pulls out her phone.

"we're waiting on scott and stiles. they should be here any," i was cut off as stiles' jeep loudly screeches to a stop. scott leaps out of the bright blue car. stiles slides out as the lights dim out.

"hey (y/n), hey lindsey what's good?" stiles walks up next to me. "we have something to tell you," lindsey's eyes widen, as she squeals.

"it can't be true! i'm so excited! i'm so happy for you two!" she almost jumped up in the air, as scott held her shoulder.

"what do you think we want to tell you?" he asked, as lindsey's face loses excitement.

"well, i thought stiles and (y/n) had begun dating. she never stops talking about how sweet and kind stiles is.." i look at her with a bright pink face. "oh... was that not the news?" she bit her thumb nail. i can not believe she blew my cover. stiles ran his fingers through my slick straight hair. i smiled to lindsey and scott.

"it's fine, it would have came out sometime somehow." lindsey smiled and whispered if anything was going on between me and stiles, and i shook my head. she sighed and stood next to scott again. scott opened his mouth to swear lindsey into secrecy, but allison and lydia pulled into the parking lot. lydia gracefully stood out of the car, and allison turned it off. she got out of the car and walked up to scott. they kissed quickly, and lindsey backed towards me. lydia stood awkwardly in between lindsey and allison.

"what did you guys call us here for?" allison asked, looked at how close stiles and i were standing.

scott sighed. "you girls, allison, lydia, and lindsey, have to promise me, (y/n), and stiles your total and one hundred percent trust. you cannot tell anyone about this, you can tell no one. not even your mother, father, or best friend. you promise that you will not speak of what you are about to find out, outside of this circle of people." his eyes darkened with seriousness. all of the girls mumbled their promises, as stiles gently slid his nails down my arm and wrapped his hand around mine. scott explained everything about the supernatural beings in beacon hills. lydia's mouth dropped open as she brought her hand to her face. allison held tightly onto scott's arm, and lindsey leaned her head on my shoulder. stiles leaned his head on my head, since he was about a head taller than me. i yawned as scott said his final words. stiles walked me to a bench, and sat down with me. scott texted his mom to tell her that he was staying the night with stiles and another friend, and stiles texted his dad saying that he's staying with scott and another friend. lindsey told her mom that she was staying with me, and lydia did the same. allison didn't tell her father, nor her mother, since they were very protective. she made sure to put some pillows in her bed to make it look like she was there. they were all going to spend the night at my house. my parents never cared about who i had over, james was the protective one. i began to drift to sleep, as stiles started to play with my hair. i woke just enough to look at the time on my watch. it was about 11:30, and i tiredly sat up.

"baby, we gotta get home, i'm sleepy." i said, my eyes becoming heavier. stiles helped me stand up, and looked at me. i leaned on his shoulder, before i realized what i had just said. we hadn't even started dating and i called him 'baby'! quick apologies began flowing out of my mouth as he smiled. he put his arms around my shoulders and put his forehead against mine.

"it's okay, baby, you're so cute when you're groggy, and i was going to ask you out anyway. let's go back to your house and get you to sleep." i smiled and he slung his arm around my shoulders. we clumsily walked to his jeep, and he started it. he opened the passenger door, and quickly ran to the driver's side. he honked the horn, and scott ran up.

"awe come on! i have to sit in the back again?" he groaned as he kissed allison goodnight, until we reached my house. i giggled as i leaned my head against the window, and stiles slipped his hand under my hand and on my thigh. i felt good, and his car was warm. i almost fell asleep, but with lindsey's truck and lydia's blue car following behind us, i couldn't. we pulled into my long driveway, and everyone parked. we all went inside through the back door, and we all tiptoed upstairs. i opened my bedroom door, and let everyone follow me inside. i brought two air mattresses from my closet and began to blow them up. stiles tiredly flopped on my bed and grabbed one of my pillows. scott sat on my chair with allison in his lap, laying on his chest. lindsey sat on the corner of my bed and lydia stood by lindsey, clutching her purse. the air mattress finished blowing up, and we began to divide out the beds.

"well, my bed's a queen, and the two air mattresses are queens," i looked at stiles, who was asleep, clutching a pillow of mine. "i'll sleep in my own bed, so that leaves, lindsey, scott, allison, and lydia. scott and allison can sleep together and lydia and lindsey can have the other air mattress. sorry linds, i would have you sleep with me, but he's asleep already." i pointed to stiles as i handed scott and lindsey each a comforter. "i have more blankets if you need them, i'll lay them at the foot of your beds. here's a few pillows. i'll give you each one, and if you need another, just tell me. do any of you need a water?" i gave everyone a water bottle, and i laid down in my bed. i looked at stiles, smiled, and turned off the lights. we all ended up falling asleep quickly.