14

Kenny's POV

I was woken up by the sound of my phone ringing. I picked it up and lazily put it to my ear, "Hello?" I said groggily.

"Where are you?" I heard.

"At home in bed."

"Dude the meeting is in five minutes!" Ian said.

I looked at the clock on my nightstand, "Ian it's only 6 am."

"No it's 10:55. Have you been drinking?"

"10?" I asked confused. I looked at the time on my phone, "OH SHIT!" I said shooting up out of bed.

I'm so late and this meeting is so important. I hurriedly ran into the bathroom and did my hygiene. Afterwards, I turned on the lamp in our bedroom before spotting a note sitting on top of my alarm clock.

Let the games begin. Don't be late. Love you.💋

I scowled as I picked up my phone and called Toni.

"Hellooo?" She answered cheerfully.

"Well played."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You changed the time on my alarm clock!" I said struggling to get my pants on.

"Changed is a strong wor-"

"Don't even try it."

"Let's not do this any longer than we have to. You know that list of top 5 new athletes?" She asked.

"Yeah."

"Whoever signs the most by the end of the week wins."

"Okay deal. If I win, you quit your job with Ray and be the sexy housewife I envisioned you to be." I said in annoyance.

"Good thing I won't be losing. WHEN I win, I want a new car, preferably a sports car."

"Deal." I said.

"Wait, we need to set some ground rules."

I smirked, "You scared?"

"Hell no. We keep this little battle at work. I don't want any negative vibes around the kids."

Parents arguing over work all the time can be a bit rough on kids. I nodded, "That's fair."

"Okay, later loser." She said before hanging up. I threw the phone down running into the closet for a shirt.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Toni's POV

Ray came into my office happy as hell. I put my coffee down awaiting his news.

"So, I snagged the guy Kenny was suppose to meet this morning. His contract is being processed as we speak." He said.

I hi-fived him, "Nice work. That's one down and four more to go."

"And it's only noon."