1

Kenny's POV

"5....4...3....2....1! Happy New Year!" I counted down along with the TV. I kissed Toni's lips as we heard fireworks go off.

She pulled away and sighed in bliss, "I don't wanna leave, this place is so relaxing." She said looking around our suite. We were in Cancún on our baby-moon. It's some new trend where couples go on vacation right before the baby comes.

"I know but I have to get back to work. New year, new levels. I'm talking more clients, maybe expanding a little." I said thinking out loud.

"I have some suggestions, when we get back to the office-"

"Hold on. You know you are off until the baby gets here." I reminded her bringing her dreams to a crash.

"Ken!" She groaned.

"Don't start. You're high risk and you should have been on bedrest weeks ago." I said sternly. I've been trying to give her some breathing room, but she's almost 7 months and we've come too far to have issues now.

"But-"

"No buts. You're staying home and that's that." I told her. She kicked the table before getting up and going into the bedroom. I sat there looking at all the items that were on the table, now on the floor, "Did she just...? It's just her hormones."

After a few minutes I got up and went into the bedroom. She was getting a head start on packing.

I sighed, "Baby-"

"Leave me alone!" She said.

"Fine." I turned to walk out before her voice stopped me.

"So you're just gonna leave me alone?"

I turned around, "You just said-"

"What did I ever do to you Ken?!" She asked as she started to cry. Seeing her cry is still shocking to me. I can't believe how pregnancy has turned this wolf into a puppy so quickly.

"You-...I-...I'm sorry." I finally said not knowing what I was apologizing for.

She grabbed her stomach, "Ouch!"

"You have to stay calm. You know he doesn't like it when you're worked up. My son likes his mommy on chill mode." I said helping her sit down on the bed.

"I'm sorry. Everything has been getting to me lately."

"It's your hormones that's all. How about we get some rest?"

"Fine."

The Next Day...

"We're home!!!" I announced as we walked through the door.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Amari squealed running into the foyer.

Toni caught her small body and hugged her, "Hey ladybug!"

"I missed you." She said.

"We missed you more." I told her kissing her forehead.

"Hi Mom." Toni and I both greeted her mother.

"Hey sweeties." She replied hugging us both.

"Thanks for babysitting and house sitting. I totally owe you." Toni told her.

"It's okay...but for Mother's Day, I would love a trip to the Bahamas."

"Noted. Where's Joey?" I asked.

"He went to the store really quick, he'll be back soon. Don't worry, we'll be leaving when he gets back."

"You don't have to go. We'd love it if you stayed another day or two. Right Tone?"

"Huh? Oh yeah...sure." She lied. I know she didn't want her to stay which was all the more reason I was asking her to.

"Mhmm. What's going on?" Mama Angie asked.

"I need someone to keep an eye on Toni and make sure she's relaxing at all times." I said loud enough for Toni to hear.

"I don't need a babysitter." She snapped.

"Of course you don't honey." I said with a fake smile before turning back to her mother, "Please watch her."

"I got you." She said with a nod. She walked over to Toni and rubbed her belly, "How's my grandson doing in there?"

"Getting on my damn nerves." Toni mumbled before walking off.

She chuckled, "Just a few more months. You thought of names yet?"

"Sorta, we can't decide between Tyler, Khalil, Amir, or Keagan." I said.

"They're all great. I'm surprised you don't wanna name him after yourself."

"I want him to be an individual. You know, have his own identity."

She nodded, "I get that-..." She paused and sighed, "Toni put the laptop back!" She yelled making Tone freeze. It was so cool, she didn't even have to turn around to know her daughter was up to something.

"I can't do anything around here." Toni groaned walking back downstairs and putting the laptop on the coffee table. She stomped back upstairs as mama Angie shook her head.

"How did you do that?" I asked.

"It's a Mom thing."

"This isn't gonna be easy."

"Not at all. The girl is a workaholic like her father."

I nodded in agreement. Getting Toni to stop working is gonna be like pulling teeth.

"Dinner will be ready soon Toni!" Her mother yelled upstairs.

"I'm not hungry!" Toni yelled back like a child.

"She's lying, she's just upset." I told her. Pregnant Tone was always hungry.

"I know. Come on Amari, help me finish dinner."

They went in the kitchen as I made my way upstairs to get some rest.