I woke up suddenly, shooting up from my old mattress, coated in an even layer of sweat, gasping for air.

Another nightmare

Ever since I 'accepted' the demon side of me, I've been having nightmares. Well, memories. Of Cain. I'd see him murder his brother over and over of course that was great, but the times he got tortured and injured were painful. I could feel every second, but time was slowed, and it was a never ending cycle of constant misery.

Removing myself from the bed, I place my feet carefully onto the floor. The coldness of the floorboards shock my body at the sudden change in temperature, a cool breeze passes through the window graces my hot and wet skin sending shivers up my spine and making my hairs stand on end.

Someone is in here ... I'm not alone.

I can see something in my peripheral vision, I jerk my head to suddenly spot a slumped figure in the corner of my room.

If they come near me, should I use teleportation? No. They can't be out of sight. I could pin them to the wall with telekinesis? Yeah that could work.

The person knows I can see them and make a move towards me. Immediately I pull out my right hand and point it at the person.

"What do you want?!"

There's no reply.

I feel the power pulsate through my arm to the tips of my finger as it spreads out and grips on the person, sending them back a few metres into the wall. Except it didn't really work well. I may have used some electricity and now they are bound to a wall with electric restraints and still no expression.

The silhouette looks at me. Then they open their eyes. Two pools of glowing white fill my room, artificial light filling my vision. They say nothing but the eyes terrify me.

"I'm you."

What? Me?

"No fucking way you're me."

"I'm your future Izuku. I'm your demon, I am YOU."

My future?

"I said...who ARE YOU?"

Third Person POV

Izuku let go of everything he was holding inside. His confusion, anger and overall, emotional pain. He was afraid of what that being meant. it was bound to the wall in electrical restraints but made no effort to escape, it didn't even look like it was in fear. Unless it was plain smart, Izuku thought.

He had no idea what to do so in his fragile state of mind he let go. He let the power consume him, ready to have another surge, not afraid of the consequences. The being was grinning wide, that unnerving smile reaching something buries beneath Izuku's soul. The room began to shake, a violent gale-like wind coming from no where, surrounding Izuku's body like a hurricane, collecting debris from the cold and damp room. Even he could feel himself morph into that demon part of him. He could sense the parts of him that made him human, slowly start to slip away once again. Todoroki flashed through his mind. His eyes became blacked out, replacing the white with a dark and murky colour. The iris now a deeper mix between red and puple, more sinister looking. Scales forming from his flesh, a careful blend of crimson red and plum purple, accompanied by a dull back that swims through them, replacing the once milky white skin. Wings slowly spread out from his back, extending very wide, the colour scheme unchanging. A matching pair of horns twisting from his forehead, poking through the dull black hair, that bleeds through the green, hiding the true identity of the small innocent boy, who was once known as Izuku Midoriya.

When Izuku looks up, he glances towards his hands first, large black talons protrude off of his fingers, leading to scales that travel oddly around his body, human skin still showing. After examining his new body, he realises, he still has his normal conscience. He's not just some uncontrollable demon, some different identity. That's when he thinks of the being he trapped in those restraints. if it really is him in the future...what went so wrong?

"IZUKU!!" He hears a familiar voice, along with large thumps coming from outside his room. Dabi slams the door wide open, breathing heavy, a pained expression on his face.

"Dabi...?" Izuku doesn't understand what's going on. It scares him. But he needs to keep the power under control before he has another surge.

Dabi just stares at Izuku. He was epxecting the other personality that accompanies this form, some merciless blood thirsty demon that is Cain. But it was the normal Izuku, although in his crazed mind, he still acted like the sweet boy he once was. Overcoming that demon in his head, because he became it. He was at a loss for words. Identifying Izuku's true form. He's a demon, that much is true. he didnt know what he was expecting eactly, but Izuku wore the same confused expression as Dabi did. Only then did he notice the room. It was messy like a wild hurricane had been through it. But that was indeed the case. There were clothes scattered along the stone walled room. Bits of paper lay across the floor, along with the furniture that had been pushed around and now had heavy indents. Broken glass was everywhere, even Izuku had a couple of cuts on him.

"What happened Izuku?"

"There was this thing in here. He's trapped on my wall!" he pointed towards the jagged surfaced concrete wall. There was nothing there.

"Izuku...there's nothing there."

The blood drained from Izuku's face. Patches of purple and red lost their colour, pastel washed scales all over him. But it was not a pretty sight at all. The pale colours accentuated the deep red blood that dripped from the many cuts littered on his body.

"Are you okay..?" Dabi cautiously approached the disheveled looking boy, who seemed to be sinking into himself with every step that Dabi took.

"....nothing...there." he started swaying, more colour draining from his body. His eyes were glassy and devoid of any emotion.

"..." he mumbled something Dabi could not hear. Something was definitely wrong, he did not look okay. His state was worrying to him, Izuku's demon features were long gone from his body, but he no longer took a human form. He was glitching in and out of the dark and damp room.

With one final movement, Izuku looked towards Dabi and vanished.

1557 words

Release 10/02/19
Fricking rewrite 26/10/19

Wow this was fun. I had a plan when writing this but this ending just kinda happened whilst actually writing.

fun fact! i found out that the music i listen to changes the outcome of the story. i was listening to slow piano music when writing the last part soooooooo yeah, thats why this happened XD

anyway, hope you love this cliffhanger as much as i do- chapter 13 (OoOoOo) will be released in 3 days because i don't want you to hate me XD