Part 19

My heart sinks. My father? Adrenaline rushes through me and before I can comprehend what I'm doing, I'm already running, my body leading me. I don't get far as I nearly crash into Sesshomaru the second time that night.

He holds out my sword to take which I take gratefully. I'm lucky that I can trust on him to keep a cool head in situations like these. A noise makes us look back to spot where Inuyasha is coming up to us. "You're not going to start a fight without me."

I nod at him. "Please hurry." I say as he goes to wake the others.

I'm caught off guard when Sesshomaru picks me up, slinging me onto his back. "Hold on." I do as he says when he kicks off the ground, rushing after the scent. It takes us to a familiar clearing.

I jump off Sesshomaru's back and look at the pond in disbelief. "He went there?!" I call out in a panic as fear grips my heart. My parents... Oh no.

The others arrive in the clearing. Kagome looks alarmed. "He went to the present." "Can we follow him there?" Sango asks. "I doubt most of you can, if any." says Sesshomaru.

I look at them. "You're welcome to try, but I don't have a second to lose." I say hurriedly before jumping in the cold water, my body disappearing from their sight to emerge on the other side.

I scramble out, feeling an ominous presence. As I scan the area, Sesshomaru appears next to me. I look back to see if the others follow, but nothing happens. It's seems we're on our own again.

Running to the front, I find the place looking deserted, cold and dark. "Inside." comes Sesshomaru's voice.

Gripping onto my sword for comfort I slowly approach the sliding door of the shrine. It is opened only slightly, not allowing us to look in just yet. Taking hold of it, I slowly slide it open far enough for us to pass through. I barely see anything as an abnormal darkness engulfs the room. I squint to make out anything and even Sesshomaru is having difficulties.

A painful groan sounds through the room, the voice sounding familiar. "Daddy?" I ask as I light up the room with some of my power making my body glow lightly.

I gasp when I spot him on the altar looking beaten. Below him and to the front lies my mother, seemingly unconscious as she's not moving. I run up to them, taking my mother in my arms before gripping onto my father's hand. "Mom, dad..." Sesshomaru steps up close behind me, assessing the situation.

A chuckle takes my attention away from them as Akuhei steps out from behind a screen. I glare at him angrily. "Why involve them? This is between you and me!" He laughs at this. "The means justify the method."

"What is that suppose to mean?!" I yell breathing hard. "Hn, you need to become stronger if I want you to accomplish my goal. You need to reach deep inside yourself for every last bit of power." he explains calmly.

"And why would I do that for you?" I counter. He smirks as he answers, "Don't you understand that I'm not giving you a choice. All I have to do is give you a little push in the right direction. Anger makes power accessible."

"So you're planning to piss me off? You succeeded." I spit out. He shakes his head. "You're not even close to where I want you to be, but my methods might prove effective. I'm warning you now. Get angry quickly, because I won't stop destroying everything you care about until I get what I want." he threatens.

I look at him wide eyed as energy gathers around him. Everything starts to tremble making things fall over and fall off the walls. Akuhei laughs evilly before smirking down at us. "I'll try not to enjoy this too much."

Time seems to stop for a moment before his power seems to explode. The wooden walls and roof beams splinter into the tiniest of fragments. I take out my sword, feeling the fragments cut into me, but take no notice of it as I shield my parents from the heavy roof tiles falling down on us. Sesshomaru smacks away some tiles headed for mine and his direction.

Suddenly a force harshly pushes me away from them. I fly through the air for a moment before landing roughly on the gravel path at the entrance. Lifting myself up quickly, I barely manage to dodge more tentacles.

Sesshomaru growls, rushing to attack Akuhei. He dodges as Sesshomaru swipes his glowing claws at him. "Oh please, you're not even trying." mocks Akuhei throwing a blast at him which Sesshomaru dodges easily. "It seems you are the one who's not trying." he smirks. "Heh, think again." Akuhei chuckles darkly. Sesshomaru looks momentarily confused before turning his head to see the path of the blast. It's headed straight for my parents!

Having caught up on this, I was already on the way over. I jump in its path, blocking it from continuing. I put my sword in between the blast and me, making it absorb most of the blast, but I can't help it from knocking me over.

Seeing Sesshomaru distracted, Akuhei takes his chance to attack. Not reacting fast enough, Sesshomaru is send across the area into the side of my house. I watch as he crashes through the wall. "Sesshomaru!"

My instinct makes me react by jumping away as something heads my way. It cuts into my side, blood flying from the wound. I turn to see many tentacles heading my way and towards my parents. I hack and slash as to keep them away from them, but they just keep coming from every direction.

Losing sight of them for a fraction of a second, one breaks through my defense grasping onto my father. "Da..! Umph!" I find myself pinned to the floor and unable to move. I watch as the tentacle holding my father squeezes his body tightly.

His eyes fly open as he screams in pain when something pops. I can't help but scream as well. "Daddy! No!" I scream out as I struggle to get out of Akuhei's grip. Suddenly a blue blast flies past me and onwards, cutting the tentacles and freeing my dad.

I watch in relief as Sesshomaru catches my father before he hits the ground. His body is hanging limp but he's alive. I turn my head to Akuhei angrily. "Stay away from my family!" I yell powering up. I need to stop this soon.

Seeing what I'm doing he says; "Not this time." He powers up as well making the ground shake and crack, making it hard to keep my balance and concentration. Sesshomaru puts my father down before moving to free me as well.

"Where do you think you're going?" Akuhei asks sending a blast his way, blocking his path. I try to power up again, this time gathering the power in my sword and with it I try to cut myself free. Sadly I don't get the chance as Akuhei squeezes my wrist so tightly that I lose my grip and I'm forced to drop it.

Akuhei walks up to me, picking it up and looking it over casually. "Why don't you stay here while I take care of business?" he says before thrusting the sword through my stomach and into the ground.

I lose my breath as the pain hits me, my eyes wide. He releases his tentacles from me, but still I remain effectively pinned to the ground. Shakily, I watch as he steps over me and heads towards Sesshomaru who grits his teeth, his eyes turning a blood red.

Akuhei smirks at him. "You're position is very unfortunate Sesshomaru. This wouldn't have happened if you didn't get involved with a human. And now you are trapped. It's very tragic." Sesshomaru growls at him, "Save your petty talk. I will destroy you." "That will prove difficult, when you're dead..." Akuhei smirks.