The Problem

For ScomicheExplorer

"I fucking knew it." Mitch whispered. He was hugging his body close and his coffee was spilled on the ground. I tried to take another step towards him but the trap stopped me. My eyes flashed red at the painful shock of the invisible force ripping through my body. I looked up at Mitch.

"How?"

"Nobody knows I'm a virgin....not even my closest friends. Only the demon I made a deal with to save my sister knows." He took a step so he was on the edge of the trap. "You." Everything around me seemed to slow down. I watched his eyelashes kiss the apples of his cheeks before fluttering open.

"That's how you know?" I laughed humorlessly. "So tell me what you want now?" His eyebrows drew together in confusion.

"Nothing." I narrowed my eyes. He walked forward until he was standing right in front of the trap. "I just wanted to know the man who saved my sister. Who let me off with my whole life ahead of me."

"Is this a trick?" I glanced down at the trap. It was spray paint.

"No." He shook his head. I stopped his hand from breaking the trap so I could get out.

"I have to erase your memory when I get out."

"Says who?"

"Says Carter." His whole demeanor fell. He looked like someone kicked his puppy. Then he took a step into the trap with me.

"I don't want to forget you."

"I'm a demon Mitch." I flashed my eyes to their red and unlike the first time, he didn't flinch away. He actually put his hand up to my cheek.

"I don't care. Because you're awkward and clueless and nice." I crinkled my nose at the last word. "Yes. You're nice. You're nice to me at least."

"I could kill you."

"And I could kill you. Your point?" I found myself surprised at his sassy remark. Then I smiled. He never failed to entertain me. He was the most interesting human I've ever met. Maybe I wouldn't erase his memories. Maybe I would let him keep them.

"You have to keep your thoughts guarded."

"Okay."

"If Carter finds out I didn't erase your memories, I'm afraid he'll kill you." His lips pursed in thought.

"Is Carter your boyfriend?" He wasn't looking up at me. He was playing with a string on his shirt.

"He's my master." Mitch broke the trap and I took a step out with a sigh of relief. He then proceeded to cover it with a rug.

"Kinky."

"Kinky?" I have never heard that word in my entire life. He flopped down on the couch, patting the spot next to him. I accepted the offer.

"Don't worry. It's nothing you won't like." I found myself blinking at the situation. He was flirting with me? He was being very edgy for a virgin. "How old are you?"

"I'm four hundred and twenty four years old."

"You really are a cradle robber. Jeez." I smirked.

"I want to rob you." I repeated what I said a few days before, rephrasing it a little. He smiled.

"Then what are you waiting for?" He was the one to initiate the kiss this time. I felt his arms wrap around my neck. I love how it went from me being a murderous demon to us kissing on his couch. I mean, this was completely dangerous for a human like Mitch to be caught up in my life. But hey. Right now I wasn't going to complain. I moved one of Mitch's legs out of the way so I could lay him down and place myself between his legs. He let out a small moan causing me to laugh. He shoved me playfully. "Shut up."

"And you're a virgin?" I teased him. I saw his face go completely red.

"I said s-shut up."

"That's a cute stutter Mitch." I felt him smile as I went back to kiss him. This was probably all I could do. I really just wanted to take him on this couch but I doubt he would let me. I could test it. I moved one of my hands under his shirt to grip his hip.

"Mitchell!" It felt like my heart skipped a beat at the sound of someone else's voice. I moved away and Mitch was blushing brighter than I've ever seen him. I looked at the old woman in the doorway.

"Grandma." Mitch cleared his throat, sliding to stand up from the couch.

"Is your friend staying for dinner?" She calmly walked through the doorway to the kitchen. He sighed and fell back on the couch.

"I'm so glad she wasn't awkward."

"I thought you said she was sick." He shrugged.

"She's not. False sense of security." I rolled my eyes at him. Then I leaned in to connect our lips. But I was stopped by his hand on my chest. "Not in my living room." I snapped my fingers and we appeared on his bed. He laughed. "That's so cool."

"The sex is better." He suddenly became uncomfortable. I rolled my eyes. "I'm not going to pressure you into it. Jeez. I'm a demon but I'm not that bad." I pushed him so his back was against the mattress. "I'm content on making out with you until you are the most turned on teenager." I slowly crawled on top of him.

"O-okay." I went to kiss him but the scratching sensation began at the back of my head stopped me. I groaned, dropping my head on his shoulder.

"I have to go."

"What?" He sat up as I slid off the bed.

"I'm a crossroads demon. I'm very busy, unfortunately." I was surprised as he grabbed the collar of my shirt and crashed our lips together. I pulled away to see him blushing.

"Bye." I smiled.

"Goodbye Mitch." I disappeared, smiling at the person about to make a deal. They were standing under a streetlight as the darkness surrounded everywhere else. I flashed my eyes and heard them gasp in fear as my red eyes were all they could see. I took a step forward. "Let's make a deal."