Chapter 3

"Hey Liam, could you hand me a tissue, please?"

Liam can't believe his ears. The nerve, the nerve! Mason is just shameless, asking him that.

"Don't talk to me, traitor." He mutters, cold like his lonely heart now that he doesn't have friends to warm it anymore. So that's how it feels to have no one in the whole universe. Nobody to care for, nobody that cares for you. Just you and an infinite, silent desert all around.

"Come on, quick, this ice-cream is dripping everywhere."

Quick, like Mason's stabby fingers were to add more symbolic back stabbing to the physical stomach stabbing Liam had already endured.

"That's not ice cream, that's what left of our friendship melting in your traitorous hands."

Liam has been accused of being petty and melodramatic and this just slashed his already wounded heart even more. He's been stabbed and he can't even bleed out without being accused of overreacting, how ironic. It's so not overreacting, it's just what people do when you stab them, they bleed and they die, and Mason needs to grow up and learn to live with the consequences of his actions, even when the consequence is the cold lifeless body of his once best friend.

"Corey, please-"

"Here."

"Thank you."

"Yeah sure. Help your boyfriend, Corey. Who knows how many people he's sending naked pictures of himself to. Or of you. Since your boyfriend loves sending around others people's pictures without their consent, as we all know."

What Mason did, sending Scott that confidential picture Liam naively shared with him, didn't just ruined their secular friendship, it also just broke the whole pack. Liam is never going to be able to look his Alpha in the eyes again, not now that he knows that he and Mason text. About stuff. Private stuff too. Because that's how fucked up the world actually is, you can't even send the person you trust most in the world a picture of yourself kidnapping someone without them alerting other people. Liam feels sick just thinking about it.

"For fuck's sake Liam, I told you I'm sorry."

"And I told you to never speak to me again."

"Yes, two minutes before asking me two dollars for the ice-cream."

"You could have given them to me in silence! That's what a true friend would have done! Not that you would know, of course."

Who knows what else Mason shared with Scott behind his back. Did he told him about that time when Liam thought he gained weight? Does Scott walks around thinking Liam reputes him fat now? That's so not true! His abs are stunning. What if Mason reported him Liam's theory about Scott being obsessed with brunettes and this being creepy and related to the girl that died too? That's actually true, but Scott can't never know Liam said it.

"You're my best friend Liam, I won't stop talking to you because you're offended I tried to save you from going to prison."

Liam snorts. "Oh is that what you were trying to do? After years of sending me to prison every goddamn chance you had now you suddenly want to keep me out of it, how convenient."

"We talked about this, Monopoly is not real life" Mason sighs.

"Again, how convenient. You would be homeless if it was. And I would be so rich that-"

"So, what Scott said about this hunter guy?"

Liam doesn't like to be interrupted, but Corey looks genuinely interested and he did convinced Mason to pay for Liam's ice-cream without blackmailing him into forgiving him first, so there's that.