Chapter 1: Isekai

Don't Want To Read This... Listen to it on You Tube...
https://youtu.be/UA5KXniZnRk
or search...
Chapter 1: The Demon Baroness of Lidia Keep

Note: I could always use proofreaders. Also, this story doesn't have a defined story line, so suggestions for things by commenters may be added.

Another Note: I am terrible at focusing on one thing at a time... If you like a particular story, Let me know and I will focus more brain power in that direction.

Last Updated: 5-1-2019

Chapter 1: Isekai

Isekai. In Japanese the world meant "Another World". In the realm of anime and manga it often referred to a plot where the main character or characters are somehow transported to a fantasy world. This takes many different forms. Sometimes your MC (Main Character) dies and is offered a choice to move on to the spirit realm or be reincarnated into a fantasy world. Sometimes the MC is from a different world and just doesn't know it and sometimes the MC is somehow trapped in a game or story.

Ryan suddenly found himself in his own little isekai. In most anime, manga, books, and movies, the protagonist runs through the five stages of grief in a few minutes or hours then mans-up or womans-up and takes control of their situation and is led on an epic adventure. In some stories the MC skips the five stages altogether and goes straight for the adventure... Those stories usually suck.

That's one episode or chapter about the MC coming to grips with their new reality. Let me ask you a question. Would you just accept your new reality in a matter of hours? I didn't think so. Like Ryan you would probably spend some time wandering around aimlessly dazed and confused before the panic set in. And like Ryan, you might spend the next four days locked in the room of an inn, curled up in the fetal position reciting a mantra of... "This can't be happening. This isn't real. It's just a dream. I'm going to wake up any minute now."

That's a lot of emotional stress that we can skip. In fact, it is the final stage, acceptance, where we can start our story.

***

Day 5: Earth's Day, 4th day of the 5th week of Spirit's Rise, 24 Ito. According to the Anorian Calendar.

Ryan sat in the public latrine behind the Round Top Inn doing his morning business. His stomach hated him, he generally felt like shit, and he was having a hard time focusing on anything. It would be easy to suggest that he felt so terrible due to his current situation, however Ryan knew the truth. "I'm going through withdrawals symptoms. Sugar withdrawal, coffee withdrawal, fucking internet withdrawal. If that's a thing?" Despite the protests of his stomach, he'd probably eaten better in the last four days than he had in the last four months. Ryan was a terrible cook, compounded by the fact that spending so much time preparing a meal that would only last a good five minutes seemed like an utter waste of time, thus his cooking never improved. The food at the Round Top Inn was not only healthier than what he normally eat, but was considerably better tasting than anything he could create, except maybe pancakes. "I am good at pancakes. And hash browns. And eggs. I'm definitely a breakfast person."

Generally speaking most people considered medieval-esque fantasy worlds to smell terrible. Ryan was sitting in a public latrine, the smell of human excrement was present, but it wasn't what most people would expect. Firstly, the outhouse wasn't positioned over an open pit. That would fill up far too quickly. Instead, there were two seats, one for solids, and one for fluids. Under said seats were large barrels that were changed out daily. The two barrels of waste would be carted off where Ryan was pretty sure the solids would be mixed with dried out vegetation and composted for roughly a year, then used to grow the food he was eating. This didn't bother him. "That's just how the world works. Or used to anyway."