Chapter III- Friends

A week after the event finished, Mina and the rest of the team went back to their old routine. Classes went back to normal and all decorations for the event has already been taken off. Now, the event was merely just a memory. Recalling it made Mina chuckle a bit. They placed third in the match because they can't get off the nerves.

Mina is now walking towards the school's gate with the previous event in mind. She took her phone from her bag and left a message to the group chat she shared with her best friends telling them to inform her if the teachers already in. As she entered, she saw a familiar figure walking ahead of her. "Hi Chaeng!" Mina shouted and caught up with the girl. "Hello Minari." Chaeyoung greeted back as they walked side by side.

The event last week made them closer. After the match, Mina walked towards Chaeyoung and offered a handshake and said she enjoyed the game. They then went to the sidelines and shared some stories until they decided to exchanged numbers and be good friends.

Throughout the whole week, Mina and Chaeyoung texted each other often. They exchanged jokes, mainly Chaeyoung, and Mina always tease the younger of how lame it sounds. From then on, the two clicked.

"Aren't you late, Minari?" Chaeyoung asked as she checked the time, 8:10 am. "Not yet. Sana said the teacher is still talking to the principal as of the moment but I think I should go there now. I'll text you later?" Mina said as she read Sana's message on her phone. She started to walk fast towards her room. "Okay, Minari. Let's grab ice cream later!" Chaeyoung shouted and waved goodbye to Mina.

Mina arrived in the room just a few minutes before the teacher came. "Wow, that was close." Sana said that made Mina sigh in relief and chuckled. "Lucky." Momo said as she played with her pen.

"Alright. Good morning, everyone. Get your books and turn to page eighty. We're gonna proceed with the next topic...." The teacher said as Mina followed his instructions.

Forty- three minutes has passed with their last subject, History, for the morning class. Mina and her friends are just waiting for the bell to ring so they can have their lunch. "Why is two minutes so long? I want to eat already." Momo whispered to her friends. "You keep on looking on the clock that's why. Calm down, you'll get to eat soon. You food maniac." Jihyo answered that made Mina chuckle.

When the bell rang Momo was the first to get out of the room. "I'll reserve us a seat!" she shouted and hurriedly went to the cafeteria. The three was left packing their things and just shook their head with Momo's antics. "That girl, really." Jihyo said. "I'll get going guys." Sana said and waved her hands. "Oh, you're going to eat with Mark today?" Mina asked and got a nod as a response. Not long after Sana was out of sight, Mina and Jihyo followed.

They looked for Momo in the cafeteria and saw her sitting waving at them. "What took you so long?" Momo asked. Mina noticed that the girl didn't start eating so she hurriedly grabbed Jihyo's arm and ordered their food.

After getting their food Momo then started eating like she haven't eaten anything for months. "Slow down, Momo. No one's going to still your food." Mina said and chuckled. "Imsjsiehngry" Jihyo gave Momo a drink and told "Don't talk if your mouth is full" with a motherly tone. "Sorry, mom." Momo teased and earned a glare from her friend.

"Okay, let's just eat guys. No fighting." Mina said to calm her friends down.

---

Soon after the class ended by four in the afternoon.

Mina texted Chaeyoung to meet at the school's gate and grab ice cream. The girl is so excited that she hurriedly fixed her things. "Are you that excited to go home, Mitang?" Jihyo asked. Mina smiled at her friend and told her she'll go get ice cream with Chaeyoung. "Can we come too? I want to eat ice cream." Momo said with pleading eyes. "Sure. The more the merrier." She said that made the other girl jump in excitement. "Thanks, Mina." Momo gave her a warm hug. Jihyo turned to their friend Sana who was unusually quite since she got back from lunch. "Is everything alright, Sana?" The girl was a bit startled when she heard her name. The bubbly Momo and Mina has now shifted their attention to the girl. "Do you want to come get some ice cream with us Sana?" Mina offered. Sana smiled at them and shook her head. "Sorry guys, I need to go home quick. Mom needed my help on something." The girl answered. So, they just let it go and soon after the four of them went to the school's gate and vid goodbye to Sana.

"Where's Chaeyoung, Mina?" Jihyo asked. So she checked her phone and saw a message from Chaeyoung.

"She said she can't make it, Ji. Something came up with her best friend and so she's talking with her now." Mina said. "So, the ice cream is cancelled?" Momo asked. Mina just lowered her head looking gloomy. She really wanted to hang out with Chaeyoung.

Seeing the look on the girl's face, Jihyo lifted the mood by being her bubbly self. "We can still get ice cream, right? Let's just go with Chaeyoung some other time. Maybe it was really important. Let's go. I'll treat you guys. Stop whining already. She said that made the two chuckle. "Yeah! Thanks Ji." They replied.

'I wonder what's so urgent about Chaeyoung's friend? I hope they're fine.' Mina kept on thinking about it until they got to the ice cream shop.