18. Friends turned Spy

Start from the beginning

"Wait... Wait... Why did he decide to lock his room? Did anything happen?" I asked out of curiosity and confusion. Everyone's face turned a bit cold and all looked at Rey who gulped audibly... I was getting nervous as to what I did.

"Umm... Actually we don't know" Rey said

"I know you know, so spit it out" I said getting irritated now. What is it that everyone is hiding from me and why? I want to know now...

"I seriously don't know Pia. We all were down in the party hall, where we all were chilling. Swayam was there, up with you, I don't know what happened... You can ask him if you want to know" Rey said and I believed him. But, the idea of asking that jerk, scratch it, even the thought of seeing him was making me furious... Arghhh, I don't even want to think about that man!

"Leave it, we will see it afterwards... Now continue." Vicky said

"Okay... So while talking to aunty, I was very sure where I wanted to take the conversation and what information I wanted from her. I wanted her to say something about his past, but she wouldn't spill the beans. Then I got fed up of all the talks and gossips she was doing and asked her the question directly about his past and what story he had... At first she got suspicious of my intentions and after I assured her that I was just casually curious, she got emotional and sad all over again..." Rey said and sighed heavily

"Did she say something new? We also want to know his story Rey! Please tell us fast." Kriya said excitedly and we all chuckled...

"I am afraid that you guys will be disappointed" Rey said and looked at us one by one... Why is he building so much suspense!? Can't he just finish it off in one go?

"Aunty said nothing new guys" Rey continued and looked defeated...

"She just kept on repeating the same things, again and again... The pain she was putting in the words, was so pure, so raw that I had tears in my eyes at that time" he paused and let out a shaky breath and continued...

"But in the flow, she said something... The one which made me smile even in my tears... She took the girl's name while refering her with Swayam... Her name is 'Sharon'!" He said and grinned at everyone.

That name! Sharon! Rings some bells somewhere in the back of my mind... It feels like I have heard it before, but where? And why would i be concerned with that name? I don't even know anyone named Sharon... This is giving me a headache. I need my coffee right away. As if on cue, our orders arrived and I was glad that I had caffeine in my latte... It helped me relax!

"Oh wow! Swayam-Sharon... Sharon-Swayam... Sounds so cool" Nil said and chuckled...

"Oye, what cool huh? We don't even an idea that how many more Sharon's are there, leave world, just think of Mumbai!" Vicky said smacking the back of Nil's head...

"Yeah guys, he has a point... How are we going to search her?" Simmi asked next...

"That's the problem now. We don't even have her surname... This is what was bothering me." Rey said disappointed...

"We can approach through social media, but we have no idea who she could be. We don't even know if she uses it or not. We are basically searching for this lady, who existed, as per Swayam, something 4-5 years back? We don't even know how she looks" Vicky reasoned and we all agreed to him. We were silent thinking of the ways to track down this girl but my mind was roaming around her name! Where could I possibly had heard her?

"Leave that, what about you Pia? What happened!?" Simmi suddenly brought me out of my thoughts, by her question. The question I dreaded the most now! I don't even want to take his name, but I am left with no choice... I have to do this for my friends...