Chapter 12

One month later

Zivon's POV: Nova has stayed with me for a month now, and suddenly I can't remember my life before her. It's like shes always been here, I can't imagine it any other way. 

     After the first night of being together, I knew I was stuck. Never before had I let a girl in my bed, nor ever just slept in the same bed together. 

     She gives me a reason to survive everyday, to look forward to coming home. Now, driving home in the dark, she was all I could think of. Ever song on the radio reminded me of her, a memory of us together, or something she said. 

     Pulling up to the compound, I ran up the stairs and headed to our room. Opening the door to the dark room, I assumed she would be in the bed as she always is. She wasn't.

      Running over to the bed, I frantically ruffled my hands over the comforter. Where was she? My mind fogged, and the next thing I knew I was in her room looking for her. 

    She was no where to be seen, and I flung open the closet door. No Nova. Finally running into the bathroom, I looked up to the mirror. 

     "Fuck you Lions- The lamb got away," read black writing on the mirror. I didn't know what she had wrote it with, but I didn't care. She had left me. 

     That was the only thing that made sense. It hit my hard, like a bullet knocking into my chest. Pain roamed my chest in pulsating aches. Was I having a heart attack? 

     I felt like I would fall to my knees, and I knew this was a knew pain I had never felt before. A scream ripped through my throat, a trail of rawness filling behind it.

     Was everything from the past month fake? All the times we kissed, just like the first time. She was a beautiful light, shining on everyone around her. I was darkness, destroying everything around me. I don't deserve her, I've known that from the beginning.

     But I knew, I knew I couldn't hunt her down.  She had given me a taste of what it meant to have someone to need, someone that makes you want to live. I wanted to live for her. 

      I owed it to her to leave her alone, letting her make her own decision. So I will set my little dove free, and hope I can survive without her. 

Nova's POV: I sat in Zivon's room, waiting for him to come home to me. I actually had Feliks take me out today, shopping. 

     I bought him (with Feliks' money of course) a necklace. It is a silver chain, with a shimmering cross on the end. Its in a small black box, and I can't wait to give it to him. 

     Sitting on the bed, I waited. I saw the doorknob twist, a click announcing its opening. It took everything in me not to spring at him, and to latch my arms around his neck.

     Instead of Zivon, Bert entered. That made no sense. Had something happened to Zivon? 

     Bert looked up at me, and suddenly charged forward. Tackling me, a white rag was pulled from behind his back. Putting it over my nose, I was in shock.

     I tried to struggle free. I took in breath, and the smell of chemicals consumed me. 

     I felt fuzzy, and I was to weak to move. As the edges of my eyes were consumed by shadows, I saw Bert open the window. My body was handed down to someone, I think he was standing on a ladder. 

     "Beeile dich," a voice spoke. The world faded away, and I wondered where the delicate cross had fallen, and now I didn't think I would ever get the chance to give it to him.

    ======================================

Sorry this chapter was kinda short, thanks for reading and hope you enjoy!