Chapter 7

Zivon's POV: I rounded the corner to see Nova's small form dangling from the rooms bed sheet.  I saw it tear, and within seconds I had reached her as she fell into my arms. 

     She looked up at me from underneath her long lashes, and I searched for any sign of fear in her delicate features. Nothing. 

     "Why didn't one of the men that were closer catch me?" she asked, pointing out the obvious. She was right, it would have made more sense for my guards Tilvon or Seco to catch her. 

     However, I gave an order to all my men that under no circumstance were they allowed to touch her. The idea that their skin would touch hers made me want to cut off their skin, and I would certainly do it. 

     Ignoring her question I carried her to my room instead of her own. I can't let her leave me. I just can't.

     I set her on my black comforter, ignoring her protests. 

     "I can't sleep in the same bed as you," she said.

     "It's okay, I'm going to sleep in the room across the hall. But no escape attempts anymore okay?" I smiled. I should be furious at her for trying to leave, but I'm not. I love the fire that burns in her, like its just waiting for someone to throw gasoline on it. 

     She just smiles and nods, and I know I would do anything just to get to see that smile again. I walked over to the bed, where she was now burying her way under the covers. 

     I wanted to kiss her on the lips, but I decided on her forehead instead. I couldn't have her, I didn't deserve her. I belonged with some slut I arranged a marriage with. Not this beautiful, innocent girl with infinite blue-green eyes. 

     I walked into one of the guestrooms, taking off my shirt and flinging it carelessly to the ground. As I fell asleep, I wished to dream about the girl with tumbling curls of pinkish hair. 

****** 

     "No.. Please don't," I hear Nova whimpering from the other room. I shot up out of bed, who was hurting her? How did they get into my room? I'm going to kill them. 

     Throwing the door open I saw no one in the room other than her. She cried out in her sleep, and I ran over to wake her. "Detka, wake up." I shook her, and her eyes shot open. (Baby

     "Stop!" She flung her small hands at my chest, and I wrapped my arms around her pulling her into me. 

     "Shh. It's okay," What is wrong with me. I don't care about her. Do I? 

     She stopped fighting me and rested her head into the crook of my neck. She did that earlier to, and I loved it. 

     The only proof she was ever upset now was the shaking. Her whole body shook , and I would give anything to make it stop. 

     As her shaking continued, I kept thinking that maybe if I would have stayed in here with her this wouldn't have happened. 

      She finally stopped shaking, pulling her head away from my shoulder. I missed the warmth from her body, but I knew if I held onto her now I would never let go, and that can't happen. She doesn't belong in my world. 

     "I'm sorry," she said. I hated that. How could she say she was sorry for something that was none of her fault?

     "No. Don't say that," my voice came out harsher than I meant, but I hope I made my point. She had nothing to be sorry for, and I would never let her say that again.

     "What happened?" I asked, not expecting an answer. 

     "I get nightmares," she said, as if she was so detached from the subject it didn't even matter. Her eyes became blank stared off into the dark room behind me.  

     "Why," I muttered, and the only response I got was a shake of her head.

     She wrapped her arms around my neck. "Stay," she said, and I knew I couldn't. 

     "I can't. I'm sorry. I can't have you. I won't get attached to you, I know I'll have to let you go." and with that, I got up and walked out of the room without looking back.