Chapter 5

Nova's POV: 

     I don't remember the walk back to my room. There's to many thoughts frantically swarming my mind, and the shade of crimson on my face is to hot to consider processing what the hell just happened. 

     Why had he gotten so close? What did he mean he would ruin me? With a face like that I'd let him... No!

     I internally scold myself. I shouldn't be having these thoughts, I have more self respect for myself than that.

    Regardless, I'm not staying in this little Lions Den. I need to find a way out of here. I glance towards the window, and wonder how far the fall would be. 

     I estimate my current floor to be three stories high, so jumping is not on option. After pacing in circles across the soft rug, I begrudgingly admit that the only way out is the window. All other doors are simply to heavily guarded to be a viable option. 

     I need to pull one of those stunts you see in the movies, where people tie bed sheets together and climb down them out the window.  

     I slide the windows curtains all the way to the side, and pull the sheets from the bed. I made sure the comforter stayed in place in case anyone came in, I didn't want to have to tell them I was masterbating just to cover my ass.  

     After a few minutes at work, I tie the sheets to the curtain rod and tug to make sure it stays in place. 

     A knock on the door makes me jump, and I quickly pull the grey curtains shut. The man I recognizes as Feliks entered uninvited, and for the first time I was really able to look at him. 

     He had dark red hair, with hints of facial hair extricated his already sharp jawline. He had fairly pale eyes, but not so light as to stand out. 

     "Where's Mr. Asshole?" I ask, trying to make sure he didn't notice my attempt at covering up the window. 

     A deep laugh seemed to bring the room to life, and the strange invader seems a little less scary. "He's already at dinner. Which is why I've come to get you, actually. Lets go." 

     "Um... Actually I was going to just stay up here tonight, maybe go to bed early," I'm not willing to delay my escape any longer, but I also don't want to miss any opportunity for food.

     "Sorry vozlyublennaya, it wasn't a request." (Sweetheart) He grins.

      With an eye roll I follow Feliks out of the room, moving farther and farther from my escape route. 

     The walk to the dinning room is short. Zivon, Bert, and a few other men I didn't recognize sit around an extravagant white and golden table. 

     I immediately notice there are no other women here, which is a little concerning to me. Do women not last long around here?

     I pull out a chair to sit across from Bert, but Zivon summons me to sit next to him instead. I'm hesitant to say the least, but once again refuse to show any form of emotion on my face as I walk over to the chair next to him. 

     Zivon is perched at the head of the table, and everyone else seems to fall into place around him. It's as if everyone knows their status, and if they dare to forget it they will be harshly reminded.  

     Everyone at the table begins conversating, mostly about things I don't understand. Sometimes in Russian, sometimes English. They talk about cartels, some sorts of shipments, and some arms dealer named Carter. I doubt any of it is legal.

     Eventually, their conversation changes to a  topic I understand. "Nova, your not like a vegan or something are you?" Feliks asks while laughing, and I realizes it's because I haven't touched my ham, or any of the food for that matter. 

     "No," I say, and smile a little for the first time I had been in this hell hole. "Why, are you looking for a vegan friend or something?" I question, actually laughing a little this time. He does too. 

     I now notice that Zivon hasn't spoke at all, and when I gaze over at him he's watching me. 

     I only meant to glance at him, but his eyes suck me in. They're like quicksand, touch them once and you're stuck. Drowning in them. 

     He bursts up from his chair, pulling me with him. I easily swung me over his left shoulder, and I watch the ground passing below us as he moves. 

     "Put me down you fucking brute!" I scream, hoping he will drop me. When I get no result I start flinging my fists at his back, and kicking my legs at his front. This doesn't seem to effect him at all, but A for effort right? 

     When we're down a hallway and out of view of the other men, he sets me on my feet. Just as I think I'm free, he pins me against the cool wall. The hall was dark, which I would normally hate, but with him here with me that doesn't seem to matter. 

     "Do me a favor," he growls, "Stay away from me, because I won't be able to do it myself for much longer."

     Bitch, aren't you the one who fucking carried me here? I almost say.

     I don't know what comes over me, but a wave of realization washes over me. I don't want him to stay away from me. 

     "Then don't," I breathe.