Chapter 6

Just like that, his lips were on mine. I didn't know what to do, I had never done this before. 

     He stopped for a second and I was confused. "You've never done this before, have you?"

     I shook my head no. I was worried I was so bad at it he would stop. Why would he want to kiss me?

     I was proven wrong when he smiled. "Good," he whispered. His lips were back on mine, more aggressive and passionate than before. 

     I allowed my instincts to take over, and everything felt better. Good even. Right. It was like we were each others oxygen, needing each other to survive. 

     "We should get back to dinner," I reminded him, breaking the kiss as he let out a sigh. I rested my head in the crook of his neck, it was warm and soft. I loved it.   

     As we walked back to the dinner table a few men threw glances at us, but still kept there comments to themselves. I imagined my face turned red, but it was worth it. 

     After finishing the awkwardly silent dinner, Zivon walked me back up to my room. As I thanked him and reached for the doorknob, he stopped me.

     "Nova wait," I stopped and looked up at him, I hadn't noticed how much he towered over me. 

     "You've never kissed anyone before?" He held a sincerity in his eyes I didn't know a monster like him could have, but he quickly replaced it with a coldness that made me miss his sincerity. 

     "I've never wanted to... before, well..." I shrugged my shoulders, mumbling off. I swear I saw the corners of his mouth lift, almost as if he wanted to smile but didn't. 

     He leaned into me, and for a second I thought he would kiss me again. "Good night Nova," he whispered in my ear. 

     I felt my eyes go wide, the feeling of something flutter in my stomach arose, but I didn't know what it was. 

     He kissed me on the forehead, gently, and just like that he was gone. 

     I walked back into my room, knowing these feeling were dangerous. I had to get out of here, now, before these feelings got any worse.

     Walking over to the window, I pulled back the curtains. It was now dark outside, which should help with my escape. 

     I felt the need to leave a farewell gift, so I walked over to my bag an got out my mascara. Walking into the bathroom, I began running the wand over the mirror. 

     When I was done, I stood back and marveled at my work. "Fuck you Lions- The lamb got away," It read, and my work here was done. Good luck getting that off the mirror.

     I put my mascara back in the bag and zipped it up. I threw my bag out the now open window, and watched it bounce on the grass beneath. 

     The moonlight was enough to see, and everything seemed to shimmer in its pale gleam. 

     I tossed the long white sheets out of the window. I sat on the edge of the window seal, letting my feet tangle off the edge. 

     I took a deep breath, wrapped my hands around the soft fabric, and put my full body out the window. No going back now, I thought.

     I had only slid my hands down maybe an inch or two when I felt myself jolt downward. I screeched, and looking up I saw the curtain rod was now fallen and wedged on either side of the window. Omg, I hope it doesn't slip. 

     I was moving my hands slowly downward when I heard a tearing noise. I jerked my head up, and to my terror saw the sheet ripping. I wasn't going to make it far enough down the sheet to jump, and I would definitely have a serious injury if I fell from here. 

     I only had one last resort, to scream for help. So I did exactly that. "ZIVON," I yelled, my voice high pitched in order to be louder. 

     "Boss," I heard someone yell from around the corner of the house and I knew I was safe. I just didn't know if they would get here in time. 

     I yelled out again as I felt the sheet rip more, and I knew that when the men got here I would need to conceal all traced of fear from my face. 

     After a few more seconds passed, I heard more deep voices yelling for "The Boss". I felt the sheet rip one last time and the cool night air rushing around me as I fell.