Max Verstappen - Off limits

This one was requested by GeorgieTroch. I hope you like it! Let me know in the comments :)

Also, the new story for which you all could pick a driver is up on my account. It's called 'It Starts With Me & You' and the driver that got the most votes is Charles Leclerc!

Max walks through the paddock, heading towards the garage to start his day of testing. Saying he is excited to drive an F1 car again would be an understatement. It had been amazing to have some time off, but now he's ready to start the season and see where the new car and new engine take him. Hopefully to a lot of podiums, but in F1, you never know.

Suddenly something catches his eye. Or rather someone. It's you, again. He had seen you at the final party in Abu Dhabi and ever since, he hadn't been able to get you out of his head. He hadn't talked to you, but he knew he wanted to know you and spend time with you.

His thoughts came to a hold when he saw to which garage you walked. Mercedes. Only then he noticed the team clothing you were wearing. All his plans flew out the window right then and there. Relationships between people from different teams were a big no-no, especially between rivalling teams like Red Bull and Mercedes.

Max sighed as he continued his walk the garage, trying to focus on the test day ahead instead of you. He had a job to do and he couldn't be distracted, not even by a beautiful girl like you.

- - - -

You had definitely noticed Max looking at you as you walked towards the garage. You had already seen him looking at you at the party last season and you had hoped he would make a move, but he never did.

And now again, he didn't do anything, which disappointed you. You had always thought Max was very attractive but you never thought you'd have a shot with him. However, when he looked at you the way he did, you had hoped you'd have a shot. But then he would have to make a move. When he saw you today, there was disappointment on his face, which hurt a little. Maybe you looked different than he remembered?

"Hey Y/N, that looks amazing on you," one of Lewis' engineers says, making you look at what you were wearing. Simple jeans and a Mercedes sweater.

Suddenly you realized why there was disappointment on Max's face. He thought you were part of the Mercedes team when in reality, you were just Toto's niece who happened to love F1 and had begged her uncle to be allowed to go to the testing days. Maybe you still had a shot.

"Thanks," you tell the engineer before rushing out of the garage, towards the Red Bull garage. You doubted you'd be let in, but you had to try.

- - -

"Max?" one of the communication girls, Maggie, calls out, making Max look up.

"Yeah?" he replies, suspecting they want a picture or something for social media.

"There's someone outside the garage asking for you."

"Can't they come in?"

"No, she's wearing Mercedes team clothing."

Max's eyes widen when she says that. He quickly puts down his helmet and gloves, which he was about to put on.

"Do you know her?" Maggie asks as he rushes past her.

"Not yet, but I will," he replies as he walks out of the garage. When he comes outside, you're waiting for him, making him smile widely.

"Hey," you say, smiling at Max.

"Hey, what are you doing here? Not that I mind, but you know," he replies, making you chuckle.

"I noticed you look at me, just now and at the party as well. I had hoped you'd come up and talk to me today, but you didn't. Then I realized it probably has something to do with the fact that I'm wearing Mercedes team clothing, right?"

"Yeah, you're right," Max says, not really understanding what's going on.

"I figured you'd appreciate it if I came to tell you that I'm not part of the team. I'm just Toto's niece. So the rule of not going out with someone from another team doesn't apply."

"Oh, okay," Max says, not knowing how to react.

"Anyway, I have to get back now. I'll see you around?"

"Definitely," Max says before you walk off.

"Hey, wait!" Max calls after you after a few moments. You turn around and wait until Max has reached you.

"Yeah?"

"What's your name?"

"It's Y/N," you say, smiling at Max.

"Well, Y/N, would you like to go out for dinner tonight?" Max asks, making you smile wider.

"I'd love to."