Charles Leclerc - Race Buddies

New one shot for you all! Hope you all enjoy it! This one was requested by emz353. Let me know what you think!

You gather your stuff and walk out of your driver's room, making your way to the garage. The race was starting in about an hour and you still had some stuff to discuss with your engineers. It was your first season in F2 and you were enjoying every bit of it.

"Hey, wait up!" you hear someone call behind you, making you turn around.

"Hey babe!" you say happily as Charles catches up with you. He wraps his arm around your shoulders and presses a kiss against your cheek.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"Excited, what about you?"

"Nervous," Charles answers, making you chuckle.

"You always are."

"Of course, how couldn't I be?"

"You worry too much," you say as you reach your garage.

"Just please be careful," Charles says as he stops walking. He pulls you closer to him, wrapping his arms around your waist.

"I'm always careful, you know that."

"And I'll always be worried. I don't want anything to happen to you."

"I know and I love you for that," you say before quickly pressing your lips against his.

"I love you too," Charles says before also giving you a quick kiss.

"I have to go, I've got some things to discuss with the team."

"Alright, I'll see you out there," Charles says before kissing you again.

 "See you out there," you say before going into your garage.

You smile as you cross the finish line, finishing within the top 10 again. For your first season, you were doing very well.

"Congrats Y/N, that's P8 for you!" you hear your engineer say over the radio, making you smile.

"Thank you! Where did Charles finish?"

"P1 for him!" your engineer replies, making you smile even wider.

"Awesome!" you reply as you make your way back to the pitlane. On your way there, you catch up with Charles. He's waving at the people in the grandstands, making you smile. He spots you next to him and waves at you. You blow a kiss at him, causing him to throw his head back laughing. Side by side, you drive back to the pitlane.

Charles parks his car in front of the #1 sign. You park your car among the others and get out, making your way towards Charles, who's celebrating with his team.  As you wait, you take off your helmet. Charles sees you waiting for him and takes off his helmet.

"Congrats babe," you say as Charles pulls you into a hug.

"Thank you, you too! P8 is great!"

"Thank you!"

"You did worry me a bit," Charles says, making you chuckle as you think back to your almost crash halfway through the race. You managed to avoid an actual collision, but it was close.

"Sorry about that, I was just having some fun on track," you say, smiling slightly as you think back to the fight prior to the almost crash.

"I'm sure you were," Charles says as he hugs you again.