Chapter 26: Released With A Memory

Deku's Point of View

It was the day I got released from the hospital. The doctor said I was fine, health-wise, and that the memories I had lost are very low to return. I thank the doctor and the nurses who helped me and took care of me before leaving the building with my mother. She got in the car, bulked her seatbelt, and waited for me to do the same. As she starts the car engine and slowly drives away, I look back at the hospital with a worried face. Why does it feel like I've been here before?

"Sweetie, what do you want to eat today?" My mother asks me while her eyes focused on the road.

"Your homemade Katsudon," I say with a giddy smile. She smiles at my response before nodding her head in agreement.

My mother drove through the tunnel, which then leads to downtown Japan. The hospital seemed to be far from my house, and the only way to get there was by driving through downtown. While I looked outside, my mother started to ask me a numerous amount of questions to see how far back my memories go.

"Do you know what High School you go to?" She asked me as she turned left.

"I go to UA High, the best school for teenagers to become pro heroes!" I say with enthusiasm. She sighs from relief.

"Do you remember Bakugou?" She asked me. I furrowed my eyebrows by her question. Who is this Bakugou she speaks of?

"Who's Bakugou?" I ask her. She approaches a red light to take out her phone and show me a picture of toddler me with a boy with dirty blond spikey hair. He looks like the guy who visited me at the hospital a few days ago...

"I don't remember who he is, but we seem to be close," I say as I hand her cellphone over. She quivers a smile before stepping on the accelerator.

"You two are more than close..." My mom mummers to herself as she looks out the window. I tilt my head to the side before asking her.

"What do you mean?" I ask. She long sighs before gripping onto the wheel.

"You and Bakugou are dating," She says. I gasp at the words she spoke. So she's saying I'm gay? What the hell!

"I-I'm gay?!" I ask, completely mind blown. She nods her head with an inhale. I lay back on the seat and press my hand against my forehead. Is that why he was so pissed at me when I asked him if I knew him? That would make sense...or he's just an annoying best friend.

"I know this is a lot to take in so, I want you to stay at the house for a couple of days," She starts suggesting ideas.

"Why wouldn't I be staying with you. Don't I live with you?"

"No, sweetie. A couple of months back, you decided to move into the school dorms," She says with sadness in her tone. Huh, really? I don't remember signing up for that. Well, I don't recall most of my first year in high school because everything is a blur.

"Okay," What else am I supposed to say? I mean, my mother is telling me I'm gay, and I'm dating my supposed to be childhood friend? This is so surreal to me right now.

My mother finally made it to our house. We walked inside the house, took off our shoes, and left them by the door. I told my mom that I was going to take a shower and change before helping her out with dinner. She smiles at me and agrees. As I head upstairs and into my bedroom, I notice a necklace on my nightstand. It was a key with the word "forever" written on it. I rais an eyebrow at it as I examined it. Why does this look so familiar to me?—