02. Chaos of Change.

Start from the beginning

  The stocky man propels toward him against his will. She assumes what the wizard is going to do next.

  "Oh no you don't sir. "she declares, running towards the men and colliding into them as they disappear. From afar, Tina stands behind a pillar getting the information she needs for a case.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* -----

  The results of apparating have the no-maj falling on the floor and the wizard and witch tumbling on each other. The witch is on top of the wizard, forcibly staring at him.  Her round grey eyes meet his briefly.  He attempts to look away from the woman but finds himself captivated by her delicate features.  The blemishes on her cheeks glow a darker shade of red and a faint smile breaks. His freckles are placed perfectly across his narrow nose and soft cheeks.

  "Excuse me.." She breathes.

  His eyes, replicating an Aurora, gleam back to hers then trails down to her lips then further down to the hatching occamy nestled in her petite palms. The wizard clutches the egg as it hatches. The creature protruding from its silver shell is a snake-like bird adorning iridescent blue and purple scales. The wizard beams with wonder, looking at the other faces watching upon this miraculous moment.

  Esther stares at the alluring act of life as Mr.Kowalski watches perplexedly. The wizard carries the newborn to his suitcase and opens it. Wild sounds and animal noises erupt from the case as the lid is lifted.

"In you hop." He tells the creature as it slithers inside. "No, everyone settle down- stay. Dougal, don't make me come in there... " he instructs from outside the case. Curiosity grows stronger as the witch studies him.

  "Who is he? What's within his case? "

  She felt something prick her arm. She peers down to the source of sting to see a green stick-like insect on her. "Where did this bowtruckle come from?" A normal person would scream and shake it off, but not her.

  "Hello there, little fella. Where did you come from?" She asks the insect. It made various squeaking and clicking noises in response. It's slender, pointy arm stretches in the direction of its owner. Her eyes trace where it's pointing. The wizard, whose still crouching talking to his suitcase.

  "Don't make me come in there. " he continues to threaten at his case.

  She smiles at the bowtruckle. "Don't worry darling. I'll give you back to the wizard once things settle down. Until now, get comfortable in my pocket. I'm sure it's warm enough for your liking." She offers, plucking it off her arm and delicately placing it where she told him. 'What other marvelous creatures is he hiding?'

  In the midst of his arguing, the brunette looks up and spots his Niffler squeezing into the closed vault.

  "Absolutely not!" The wizard orders.

  Esther stands up and pulls out her twisted wand casting, "Alohomora. "

  The locks and cogs of the vault door spin open on command as the loan officer, Mr.Bingley, comes down the stairs.

  "Oh, so you're going to steal the money, huh?" He accuses Mr.Kowalski.

  He smashes the alarm button as the wizard points his wand at the officer.  Even though she saw it coming, Esther screams suddenly and jumps at the abrupt ringing.

  "Petrificus totalus." He casts. Mr.Bingley freezes where he stood then falls to the floor.

  "Mr.Bingley!" The suited man bellows in disbelief.

  The wizard briefly surveys the frightened witch.  He finds it peculiar how sensitive she is.  The witch paces in a circle to calm her nerves.  Her hands rub up from her chin, to her scalp then back down in a linear motion, placing pressure over her eyes.  Her nerves hit the bottom of her stomach like a bowling ball as it slowly begins to melt into a pebble.  Beginning to feel like herself again, she searches for the wizard who's inside the vault.  The niffler lies among open deposit boxes.  A hint of defiance gleams in the nifflers eyes while gazing up at his owner.  He continues to force another gold bar into his overflowing pouch.

  "Really?" The man in blue says baffled by the creatures persistence.   He sweeps his Niffler up by his feet, prying him from the deposit box.  He starts to shake the creature.  Coins, jewellery and other shiny objects fling from his seamlessly endless pouch.  "No." He commands his bratty Niffler. Esther glances at Mr.Kowalski, who's in disbelief, almost queasy from fear.

  It's obvious how much the wizard cares for his niffler. The way he swings him, it's like a game. The riches form a large pile and the wizard is far from finished.  Armed guards bombard the stairwell heading for them. The no-maj panics. 

  "Oh, no... No.. Don't shoot! Don't shoot!" He wails.

She turns to the wizard, eager to teleport. Knots grow in her gut as he hesitates. Formulating for his next move, he lunges to them, Niffler in hand as they all vanish.

  They reappear onto Broadmoor street, on the opposite side of the bank. Esther peers around an archway towards the bank. The alarm causes a crowd outside the bank.  More police arrive to the scene leaving strangers curious.  She searches for Tina, hoping to have lost her. The no-maj cowards against a wall filled with fright as to how the stranger keeps transporting him.  The wizard wrestles his niffler back into his case.

  "For the last time, you pilfering pest- paws off what doesn't belong to you!" He lectures the creature before tossing him into the case. He locks it and finally looks up at the two people. "I'm awfully sorry about that." he apologizes.

  "What the hell was that?!" Mr. Kowalski shouts.

  "Nothing that needs concern you. Now, unfortunately, you have seen too much, so if you don't mind- if you just stand there- this will be over in a jiffy." He stammers, out of breath. He struggles to find his wand. The no-maj takes this opportunity to escape the madness he didn't ask for. He grabs his suitcase and knocks the wizard in the head.

  "Sorry." He says and runs for it.

  The man shoves past the witch causing her to lose focus.  She turns to the wizard, who's on the ground.

  "Oh, you poor thing." She consoles kneeling down to help the wizard up. He holds the throbbing spot with his hand to alleviate the pain.

  "Bugger!" He bellows.

  She looks up once more before taking the wizard by the arm and sees Tina charging through the crowd.

  "Oh, no... Come on, sir, let's go before we get into even more trouble." She warns taking him by the arm.

  "Please... Call me Newt." He corrects with a pained smile.

  She pauses giving him a small smile in return. 'Alright, Newt. I'm Esther. Esther Burns.' She introduces.

   He collects himself then meanders next to her. They attempt to escape the scene, but Tina has caught up with them. She grabs her coworker by the arm and disapperates.