Chapter 13.

"I'm not asking for much actually. I just want to simply go outside and walk around Centro all by myself today if that's okay. No ladies in waiting. No guards. Just me. Please. I want to do this now while I still can — while everyone won't recognize me yet as the princess," Eli tried not to flinch even after seeing how the king and queen's jaws dropped in an instant.

Her shocking request silenced the couple for a minute, which felt excruciatingly long and awkward for Eli, and she couldn't help but feel downright silly because of it. Was that too much to ask? What was she thinking?

She sighed in defeat, "I understand. There's no way that's happening, right?" Eli quickly gave up the idea, already expecting them to say no.

His parents took a deep breath and looked at each other with worry, especially the king who was regretting the promise he'd just made. King Kostos didn't expect that acting like he's such a cool guy in front of his daughter for the very first time would quickly backfire like this.

But Queen Heran squeezed the king's left hand, so he's left with no choice but to eventually consider Eli's request.

He tried to understand where she's coming from. Once the lost princess of Evoleurt is presented to the public, everything will definitely change for their daughter. They're not even sure if she can have the same opportunity to freely roam around anywhere incognito. Besides, with all the heartbreak and tragedy his daughter has experienced in her young life, he surely doesn't want to deprive her of this one experience if it will make her happy.

"She's lived as a normal person all her life, Kostos. We need to give Eli this chance," Heran pleaded to the king and that sealed it.

As soon as the king said yes and after hearing a lot of reminders from the queen, Eli quickly changed into her plain clothes and finally stepped outside the palace's grounds. It felt amazing, like everything's back to normal again for her. Her brothers Echo and Rhyss would have definitely flipped if they heard that she finally made it here in Evoleurt.

It was already dark the first time Eli arrived in Evoleurt with Mr. Kent and Nana Fleur the other day. They boarded a heavily-tinted car sent by the royal guards, so apart from the streetlights and tall shiny skyscrapers they passed by on the road, she really couldn't make out much of anything. That and her nerves combined that day didn't help. She was fearing the unknown and no one could blame her.

Ironically, Eli has always dreamed of visiting Evoleurt ever since she was a child to see if it would live up to all those textbooks she's read from school. Out of all the realms in New Earth, it was Evoleurt that captivated her mind the most.

"If only they could also be here with me now," she sighed remembering her brothers and their many talks before about visiting Evoleurt together someday.

Being the central realm once ruled by God Mitos, Evoleurt and its capital Centro, is renowned for its lush greeneries, bountiful harvests, and fresh air that's magically meshed with its towering skyscrapers and advanced technological zones. People actually dubbed it as a modern day "Eden on steroids" because it's that one spot on New Earth that perfected the fusion of modernization and advancements with the beauty of Mother Nature still intact. Looking at it now, Eli feels completely blown away. It's like the city has its own beauty filter because every corner looks amazingly picturesque.

Her old history teacher back in sixth grade said that a few districts like the areas near the border still show some remnants from the wars and attacks initiated by the superpowers of Ylimaf and Ynomrah through the years, but King Kostos, one of the most powerful descendants in all of the realms, has done a great job rehabilitating the lands. I guess when you have the power to control the elements and the seasons, anything is possible.