chapter twelve; all apologies

"Roger wait."

The depth and frustration really showed in the tone of my voice. The frustration of Roger not understanding where I was coming from in what I wrote in my diary. I guess the tone in which I used pulled his attention over to me like a magnet. My eyes fluttered close.

"You didn't read the rest of what I wrote in my diary."

"Oh I'm sorry, was I supposed to get even more hurt then I already am?"

"No Roger. I meant- before you walk out of my home, can I at least explain?" It won't be painful I promise."

I'd be damned if Roger even stayed to hear what I had to say. Most men would walk out just like that.

"I've had this tendency, for a while. To put it simply, I get bored of my lovers quickly. It's not like I can help it though, it just happens out of my control. And ever since our encounter at the Kensington market, I've been terrified to lose you. Roger, I like you a lot. And I really don't want to lose you so easily."

My eyes still close, I couldn't grasp onto what Rogers reaction was. Could he still be angry with me? Perhaps he's disappointed in me?

"Aubrey I'm sorry. I should've-"

"Roger don't. This is on me. I shouldn't have even written that to begin with."

"This was so silly of me. Just come 'ere and kiss me already."

"Does this mean we're-"

That was pretty bad, sorry. But I still can't get over the fact that this book was 1k reads! Thank you so much. Also if anyone has seen End Of The F***ing World then you'll recognize this song. Hehe bye bye. 💙