chapter eleven; ticking clock

"Just give me another minute!"

Me and Rogers date night had finally arrived after what seemed like ages. I ran around the house trying to get my shit together while poor Roger stood on the opposite side of the door. Too afraid of embarrassment, I didn't invite him to come inside due to the painful mess I had made in the house over the course of a week. The tension was killing me as I was dying to see Rogers face once more.

"Coming!"

My pointer finger gets stuck between my foot and my black high-heel shoe as I hold the door knob trying to keep my balance.

"The suspense is killing me Aubrey. Let me see that beautiful face of yours again!"

I open the door, revealing myself to him.

"Hello there.."

I say with an eyebrow raised.

"Hi beautiful."

"Now that that's over, wipe that smug look off of your face and kiss me already."

Later that night

"Queen?"

"Mhm."

The restaurant I chose was a small but gorgeous. A Japanese food place, one thing Roger and I love. It wasn't too fancy or too plain. We sat in a cozy booth where we awaited to server to get back with our food.

"I personally wasn't too fond of the name at first but it was Freddie's idea and Brian and I eventually grew to love it."

"As in Your Royal Highness?"

"Exactly."

"I think it suits you guys actually."

"You think?"

Nothing made me more happy then to see his smile, Rogers smile. Although I was beyond terrified of getting bored and falling out of love with him, I was determined to keep our dating status going. I wanted it so bad, to overcome this thing of falling out of love too quickly. But I knew I had to fight for it. If I want more with Roger, I was going to have to fight for it. That was certain.

"Two rounds of Sashimi coming up for the two lovebirds."

Roger and I locked eyes for a moment in time. We gave each other the, 'oh shit it must be pretty obvious' kind of look.

"Thank you."

Our voices said in unison just before we looked back at each other with a freaked out facial expression.

"Also I have some good news."

I looked at him, trying to grasp on what he was about to say.

"Queen is going to perform at the BBC next weekend. And I'd like for you to come and watch us play."

"Really? That's great news. The BBC is kind of a big deal in this country. And yes, I'd love to go watch you guys play."

Later, later that night

"Aww, c'mon just come inside for a few minutes. I'll make us some tea."

After Roger took me out for a nice dinner, insisted on paying, then driving me back home, the least I could do was invite him inside for a cup of tea. Even given my messy house status. Inside was where we were headed as he opened the passenger door for me like a princess.

"So tell me Aubrey, what else do you do for fun? Other then sing and dance of course."

I can't explain how much I loved it when people ask me about myself. Not to sound like a self-centered egomaniac of course. But it just shows how they care about you and want to know more. Roger sat in one a the few barstools in my kitchen. While I fixed us a warm cup of green tea.

"I used to draw, nothing serious. But I haven't drawn in a while."

"Can you draw me?"

Can't say that I didn't see it coming because I certainly did.

"Follow me."

I signaled him to interlock his hand with mine. Leading him to my little compact office in the second floor of the house, where all my old art supplies decayed. Without any questions, Roger quickly followed me through the staircase and hallway, arriving at our destination.

"All of my sketchbooks are here. Pick any one that catches your eye. I'm going to run down and grab our tea."

He nodded and I made my way back into the kitchen. Being the clumsy fool that I am, I spilled a little of the burning hot water right on the palm of my hand.

"Aw shit."

I murmured to myself. Trying not to make the similar mistake as earlier of burning myself, I carried our cups slowly and steady as I make my way back up the stairs. Nearly reaching the office where Roger once, I could sense a change in the atmosphere. Something felt off, which left my stomach in knots. Even though I couldn't quite grasp what the gut feeling was about. I could see it Rogers face too, something was off.

I glanced over to what Roger was holding. Perhaps it was no sketchbook. Rogers was holding my diary instead.

"Dear diary, how long until I fall out of love with him? How long will it take until I get bored of him?"

There was no going back now. Roger was reading my fucking diary.

"What the fuck? Is the clock really ticking until you no longer want me?"

"Roger wait. Let me talk to you-"

He stormed out of the office too quickly for me to catch up with him.

"Aubrey I thought you were different. I'm such a fool. Please excuse me now, have a goodnight."

To be continued

Hi guys. I hope you enjoyed this lengthy (sort of) chapter that I completed in one Sunday morning. Also worry not! As Roger and Aubrey will make up sooner than later.
Have a good rest of the day❤️