chapter nine; mama

Aubrey's P

Aubrey's P.O.V

Dear diary, how long until I fall out of love with him? How long will it take until I get bored of him? I don't want to lose him just because I got bored of him. The thought terrifies me.

The loud echoing sound of the door banging distracted me from whatever I was going to write next.

"Hello?"

I yelled from the other side of the door.

"It's me, your mother."

Words couldn't express how much I missed this woman. The last time I saw her was a fortnight ago, but I was still aching to be in her arms. You could say I'm a mommas girl.

"I missed you!"

My words were muffled since her arm covered my mouth.

Finding a comfortable spot on my couch, my mother and I sat down. Not really talking about anything rather important, just chatting on about our day.

"So how have you been managing?"

She looks up and around my apartment, so I assumed she was asking about my life here in London.

"I don't really know- I mean I love living here in Kensington. But rent is expensive, the bills are expensive."

"Darling you know if you ever need help with anything you could just tell me."

"But you have Nico and Ben, and yourself. I'm an adult now momma, I have to take care of myself."

My mom put her hands over my cold ones.

"Okay but if it's ever necessary."

My body was curled up onto the couch under a blanket while I focused my blurry vision onto the rain outside my window. Lost in a thought. That was until my moms voice snapped me back into reality.

"If you don't mind me asking, are you still together with-"

"No. I don't really want to talk about it. I still miss him, but it was a long time ago."

I'm terribly sorry for the wait of this chapter and I'm also terribly sorry for how about this is but nonetheless this is just a filler chapter to get an inside on Aubrey and her mother's relationship. No to mention, a mystery past lover Aubrey still thinks about. Until next time then 💘