Frogger

I walk to the basketball courts a little before three. Jack and Hannah both offered to come. I told them I didn't need them. Julianne used to be my bestfriend. I don't need back up.

"Hey." Julianne says.

"Hi."

"Listen-"

"Listen? To what? You're jealous of my relationship, so you and Luke go and tell on us? Isn't that a little immature-" I cut her off.

"Kylie. I didn't do it. It was Luke. I didn't want to. He did it before I could stop him." She responds.

I don't respond. I don't know how to respond.

"I see what you and Jack have. The connection. I wish Luke and I had it. I would never try to separate you guys. I know we haven't been getting along or talking, but I would never be that mean."

I don't know what to say.

She continues, "And I should've trusted you about what happened between you and Luke. I should've known he was a jerk."

"What happened between you and Luke?" I ask.

"Nothing yet. I just figured out he's using me. I don't know what I'm going to do yet."

I could tell she was being genuine. "I forgive you."

She smiled, "Thanks." We hugged and walked back to the cabin.

Hannah ran up to me. "Finally! Come on we're going swimming-" She looks at me and then at Julianne then back at me.

"We're good now Hannah." I say.

"Oh..." She sounds confused but I'll explain later. I grab my swimsuit and catch up to Hannah.

Jack sees me and I run up and hug him. "How'd it go with Julianne?" He whispers looking down at me.

"Good." I say back.

"Good." He says. He grabs my hand and we go in the water. Luckily, Trevor isn't here to monitor swimming.

"Let's play Frogger!" Walker suggests. We all line up near the buoy line and Walker stands with his back facing us.

"Ten...Nine...eight-" I swim with Hannah to the other side. "Seven...six...five...-" Jack tries to swim, but Walker jumps off and tags him.

"Dude..you try to be quiet." Walker jokes.

"Yeah..yeah I'm it."

Jack walks up to the diving board. He winks at me. "Ten...nine...eight...seven..."

I try to swim quietly away and I make it halfway before Jack looks back and jumps in. He catches up to me and grabs me around the waist and pulls me in. We both laugh. He flashes his dimples and kisses me. Gosh I'm going to miss this boy.

Walker clears his throat, "Are you two playing or not?"

"Not." Jack looks at me. He grabs my hand and we get out and walk over to the smaller fishing dock.

"Kylie. Trevor can try to keep me away from you for this week. He won't. He can't." His fingers intertwine with mine.

"Promise?" I ask.

"I promise. Meet me at North Beach again tonight?" He asks.

"Okay..but I'm not giving you back your hoodie." I joke.

"You might as well keep it." He jokes back.

"Jack Dail, you are the boy of my dreams." I respond jokingly. Almost.