Distance & Confessions

I wake up. Jack asked me to meet him by the bike shed. I throw on a pair of high waisted jean shorts and a crop top. I walk to the bikes and see Jack standing next to two bikes and helmets.

"Morning." He says.

"Morning. So are we riding bikes?" I ask.

"Yes. To a special place." He winks.

I know he's taking me to the waterfall. It's a small waterfall near the end of the trail. I play along anyway. We ride along the trail. Eventually, we park our bikes and he covers my eyes with his hands. I can hear the waterfall. "Jack..I know where at the waterfall." I say jokingly.

"Noooo..." He responds. He uncovers my eyes. We're at the waterfall. Jack grabs my hand and takes me to the bench. He wraps his arms around me I lay my head on him. The water is really pretty in the morning. He lightly kisses me.

"I have to tell you something." He says.

"What?" I ask.

"Kylie, I know we like each other and we have a thing. But I like really like you. I've never really felt this way about someone before."

"Jack. I really like you too. But we have another week and a half here and I just don't see how we can make that work." I respond. Jack lives three hours away from me. I know the distance isn't that much, but I still don't know.

"I think we could make it work." He says. "But for now we could enjoy the time we have."

"Yeah." I respond.

"So as of now, Kylie Parker, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes." I say. I kiss him. He kisses back.

I couldn't have been more excited. I basically shoved down breakfast and ran to archery. I tell Baylee everything that happened during archery. After archery, I run to swimming. Jack is waiting for me by the blob. If he thinks I'm doing the blob then he's crazy. The blob is this giant inflatable thing in the water that you jump on and launch someone else off. "Jack, I'm not doing that." I say pointing to the blob.

"Come on Kylie! It's fun!" He says. He grabs my waist and pulls me over. We put our life vests on and get in line. Luke jumps and launches Tim about four feet off the blob. Jack out me before him so he could blob me off. It's my turn. I guess I couldn't back out now. I climb the tower and the lifeguard explains the rules. I jump and land on the blob. I crawl towards the end and wait for Jack to launch me. He jumps. I flip forward. Before I know it I'm in the a water, It hurt a little but It was okay. I'm never doing it again though. Jack meets me on the dock, "Hey did you like it?" He asks.

"A little. I'm still mad at you for making me do it." I joke.

"Sorry." He jokes back. He hugs me, soaking wet. I see Luke coming over here. Why does he have to make this harder?

"Hey guys." He says.

"Hey Luke." Jack responds.

Luke puts his arm around both of us, "So how you two lovebirds doing?" He asks smirking.

"Great. Luke." I respond. Jack kisses me on the cheek.

"That's great Kylie. I wish you guys good luck, I'll always be here for you guys." He says. He's not being sincere.

"Hey..um..Jack..let's go to the dock." I say trying to leave. I pull Jack with me and we walk to the dock.

"What was that about?" He asks, "Luke was being nice."

"No he wasn't." I respond.

"What's been up with you Kylie?" Jack asks. "You've been acting really weird."

Here it comes. I have to tell Jack. Luke will be mad, but Jack is more important. "Luke told me, he likes me."