I recount the night of the yule ball all the way up to the walk I just went on with George. After I’ve finish, I feel I’ve bared my soul to someone and it felt good to let someone else know the whole truth. Ginny however says nothing, she sits there in agonizing silence for what seems like forever.

Finally she looks at me, “So you’re in love with three guys and two of them are my twin brothers and the other one is literally all your friends arch nemesis?” I slowly nod my head, feeling a scolding or a row about to begin. She instead surprises me and hugs me so hard we fell out of the window into the tower.

“You’ve gotten yourself into such a sticky situation Hermione.” She giggles as she hugs me so tight I thought I would never be able to breath again. She finally lets go, sits back, and if she was sitting on a chair she would have definitely been on the edge. “So, what are you gonna do?”

“You think if I knew I would have been crying in the lavatory?” I ask giggling, glad to have my best girl friend back in my life. We talked all day up in the astronomy tower until the sun had set and we realized we should probably make our way to dinner and show our friends we’re still alive. We stopped by the common room to grab a few things.

As we were making our way down to the Great Hall, one of the twins found us. “Hiya Fred, you running late like usual?” Ginny asks her brother teasingly as he wraps his arms around my waist. I do not return the lovingly gesture, even if I wanted to I was carrying my ancient runes, muggle studies, and potions textbooks in my arms. I was planning on stopping by the library after dinner to get a few last edits on my essay in potions and study for my other two classes before I went to the Gryffindor tower where I would most likely get distracted. I give the twin a quick look and a half-hearted smile. I noticed that this time it is Fred and not George pretending again.

“Haha very funny little sis, I just wanted to see my girl for a little bit before I headed down to Hogsmeade.” He says this with his innocent tone. I look up at him suspiciously, “Are you running late Fred?” He runs his hand through his hair, which is in fact a nervous tick of his that I found quite adorable this summer. “Would you kill me if I said yes?” I come to a stop and turn to Fred hitting him with my books. “Fred Weasley you go to Hogsmeade this minute.” He backs away rubbing his arm and laughing through the corridor leading outside. He winks at me before he jogs away.

I follow Ginny into the Great Hall, she raises her eyebrow at me. “I’m excited and all to know about your boy trouble, but the longer you take to choose one of them the more they will get hurt.” she whispers in my ear as we make our way to Ron and Harry.

“I did choose, I’m choosing Fred.” I say with as much confidence as I can.

“You may choose him in public and in front of everyone, but do you really choose him with your heart?”

“You sound like you’re in a cheesy love movie.” I mutter and glare at her, even though I knew she was right no matter how much I wanted to deny it.

“A cheesy what?” She looks at me with confusion as she sits down across from Harry and Ron and I sit down next to her.

“Nothing it’s a muggle thing.” I giggle to myself.

I stare off as my friends talked about the soon to start apparition classes. My gaze involuntarily lands on Draco across the Great Hall. He was already looking at me and I sit up a little bit and look to make sure Harry, Ron, and Ginny didn’t see. By the time I looked back Draco was halfway out of the room.

“Umm, I’m gonna go start working on homework for tonight. See you later.” I rush, tripping over the seats and catching my balance, and out of the Hall before they could say anything in response. I stop myself the moment I’m out the Great Hall door and shake my head. ‘What are you playing at Hermione.’ I turn on my heel and head to the library where I’m supposed to be going.