Chapter 10

Orious and I moved faster than I thought was ever possible.

I had a feeling Aslan and the Deep Magic had a slight hand in our quick arrival to the battlefield, there was no time to lose. I made sure my hood was firmly in place, covering most of my face from view. It would be best to not reveal my identity until necessary.

As we arrived, we spotted that the trees had begun to take action and were fighting back alongside the Narnians. A large tree was hit and was sent crashing down to the ground by a catapult thrown stone. I swung myself up into the air, landing on a high branch on one of the nearby moving trees and sharply extended my arm forward. The tree on which I balanced shot out a root from under the ground under my influence and destroyed the catapult.

I patted the bark of the tree, "good work. I'll leave you to do the rest." Already these trees were proving to be a great asset to the battle.

After shooting off a couple of fire spells and a knockback spell at several Telmarines that had begun to sneak up on Edmund and Susan, I felt I was done using magic for the moment. Needing to rest for a short time as my powers were still coming back to me and I was yet to reach full strength, which had definitely been affected by my brush with death. At least my connection to the Deep Magic was now complete once more and that was a great comfort to me.

I lept from the tree and with a quick levitation spell,even just this was a taxing feet at present. I gracefully landed on Orious back once more, who greeted me happily, "well done, my friend." I laughed and nodded, "let's go."

The Narnians broke out in wild cheers of excitement and victory at this achievement, having seen the destroyed catapult. The tides were beginning to turn in their favour.

Peter seeing a new hope rise among the Narnians cried out for all to hear, "FOR ASLAN!"

The Telmarines, feeling the change in the air as the Narnians' strength seemed to be revived by their hope, were retreating into the forest. Cries of "To Beruna!" and "To the bridge!" could be heard from across the green as the soldiers in black ran in some vain hope of reaching victory.

"Aslan is drawing near!" I stated to Orious, not removing my gaze from the sea of armored Telmarine soldiers, disappearing into the trees towards the river, as I felt Aslan's approaching presence. "Stick to the tree line, watch for stray Telmarines," I ordered.

Orious smirked, "as you wish, my lady." I didn't correct him, as this time I could tell it was almost in a mocking way. I smiled, I had found a true friend in Orious, "let's do this. I want this over." I wanted to be back with my family.

We miraculously reached the river before the Telmarines, we had taken out a few Telmarines who had thought it wise to take a short cut through the forest, straying from the path.

"What now?" asked Orious.

"Can you cross the river?"

"Through the water? Possibly. It may be too deep."

"I will help you."

Orious, proving his trust in my words and my abilities, raced forward but his hooves only seemed to go in the water about half an inch, "how.." but he didn't finish as he glanced back at me, "you are getting stronger." It wasn't a question, so I felt no need to answer. He wasn't wrong. The weakness I had felt only minutes ago was being replaced by a powerful feeling of control and something quite familiar.

We continued forward until we reached the shore once more, "there!" I cried pointing to where I saw Aslan letting Lucy slid off his back. It reminded me of the first time we ever rode upon Aslan during the battle with the White Witch. But I knew, while in appearance she may be, Lucy was not just an innocent little girl.