Chapter 4

There was silence as all looked me over in either doubt or amazement. I beamed proudly around at them.

"Is it truly you, your Majesty?" asked the Badger, Trufflehunter. I smiled down at him, "yes it is, I guess Sue's horn is magical after all."

I spun around on the spot so I could finally get a good look at them. "When I first arrived back here in Narnia, I didn't notice any differences, I didn't even stop to think how much time must have past. For me it was barely a year but for all of you over a 1,000." Their eyes widened at that.

I continued, "once my siblings and I realized something was wrong, what was the first thing we found? Our home destroyed. Cair Paravel, nothing but ruin." They seemed surprised to hear that the others were here too. "So the other Kings and Queens have also returned? Why are they not with you?" asked one of the many centaurs present. "They chose to travel a different path, Aslan came and told me that I must travel this way, alone if I must," I explained.

"We didn't mean to leave, it was complete accident," I said, apologetically, "but I wouldn't change it as it is what has us here today." I smiled as I looked to Caspian, he was still looking at me with shock and when I turned to face him he seemed to get quite nervous but hid it well. He built back up his confidence and greeted me, "it is an honor, your Majesty." I blew a loud raspberry. It surprised Caspian but it caused him to smile in amusement. "Its Dawn, please," I replied.

"When I first entered this council, hidden away from your sight. I was appalled by what I saw. A brave Son of Adam, a Telmarine, stepping up and offering to return Narnia to its former glory and nearly all of you threw it back in his face, not even giving him a chance to speak." I could see some of them acting slightly guilty and sheepish, acting like children being scolded by a parent. "But he didn't back down," I smiled once again over at Caspian, he returned it with a small kind one, "he fought for what he thought was right and then slowly you all began to follow, to believe, to regain your faith of what could be the future of Narnia."

There was shouts of agreement. I sent a wink towards Caspian before I faced the Narnians again and shouted, "For Narnia!" My call was repeated by the large crowd around me, even by Caspian who now wore a large grin on his face.

I was walking through the trees a little while later when I heard the sound of drumming and music. I picked up speed and spotted all the Narnians back in the Dancing Lawn except now a large bon fire was built up and the Narnians were all playing music and dancing.

I spotted Caspian leaning against a tree, he was talking with Reepicheep, the mouse but the noble mouse caught sight of me and sent a wink Caspian's way before darting off. I shrugged my shoulders not understanding and made my way over to the Telmarine Prince.

"Whats going on?" I asked kindly. He smiled down at me, he was quite taller than I was, maybe 6' or 6'1'. I was only 5'3''. "They're celebrating, the return of their High Queen," he said teasingly. I blushed at his comment. This annoyed me a little, I don't blush, well not much anyway and especially not because of boys but Caspian had a knack for it.

We eventually went to sit by the fire on a large log, embracing the heat of the flames that danced in front of us. I told him about my life in the Golden Age and of the Battle against the White Witch and he told me the tales his professor had told him about us and about his life. I was sad to hear about his father and Miraz was a cruel man. I could tell Caspian wished to make his father proud and by what I could tell, he was a good King, Caspian the Ninth, so I knew he would be proud of Caspian if he could see him now.

By the way he told me of his father and his life, I could tell he was surprised he was telling me. When he was finished he said, "I'm sorry to put all this on you, I've never truly spoken of any of it with someone. I guess, I just feel like I can talk to you about anything. I know I can trust you with any secret I hold. But I can't tell why." He sent he a dashing smile. I felt my fingers shake nervously and I blushed, biting my lip slightly out of nerves. I had seen earlier that he was handsome but that smile just made him even more so.