Chapter Thirty Four

Start from the beginning

Mikaela said before walking to the screen door, opening it and slamming it behind her as she walked out. 

Lori set her sliverware down, burying her face in her hands, exhaling as Rick chewed angrily. Brittany let out a laugh, as she couldn't help it. Adam started laughing after, as he hadn't laughed in a good long while. The two bursted out in laughter, as the scene had been hilarious. Ethan did the same.

"I'm gonna step out," Adam said between a laugh, quickly getting up and following Mikaela out the door.

Brittany tried to stop, but couldn't. She quickly did the same as Adam, running into T-Dog on the way out. She passed, covering her mouth from laughter as she couldn't contain it.

Shane had tensed up, seeing as he wasn't in the mood for any laughter. Andrea put her hand on his arm, rubbing it softly. Lori did the same to Rick, mimicking Andrea's actions. Dale and Hershel sat side by side, eating quietly as Maggie sat next to Glenn, hand on his knee. Beth was watching over Beckah.

Outside in the cool air, the three were laughing. Brittany had been gasping for air, as she saw Mikaela coming over, raising an eyebrow.

"What the hell is so funny?" Mikaela asked, Taylor watching from the top of the RV.

Adam laughed more, before stopping to answer, holding back the laughter. "What you said back there is so fucking funny!"

Mikaela frowned a bit. "Asshole, how the fuck could you be laughing?"

The laughter had subsided, as the three looked at Mikaela.

"Beckah almost died today!" Mikaela shouted at the three.

They nodded, "We know, Mikaela," Brittany said, trying to calm her down.

"Then why the fuck are you laughing?!" Mikaela shouted at Brittany, tears at her eyes.

Everyone was shocked by Mikaela's vocabulary, as she never sweared often.

"Mikaela, are you alright?" Ethan asked, looking at her.

It was quiet for a second, as Mikaela held tears back. The group had walked outside, standing on the porch watching the scene.

Mikaela looked down, before running toward her tent. Andrea frowned, glancing at Shane before stepping down, walking toward the three, looking at Mikaela as she went into her tent.

"I'll go check on her," Andrea sighed, walking, before Lori grabbed her shoulder.

Lori shook her head, "No, you've done enough for today." Lori said sarcastically.

"Excuse me?" Andrea asked, raising an eyebrow. "Um, fuck you. I'm going to help her,"

"Don't go near my kids," Lori said, looking at Andrea with a stern expression.

Andrea stood there, speechless. She couldn't believe what'd just happened, over something that was this small. Andrea rolled her eyes, storming off toward the RV. Shane followed.

In Woodbury, everyone had began returning to their houses. Anthony was walking Savannah home, figuring she didn't want to be with her family or parents. Savannah was wearing heels; her favorite shoe. She didn't care, but the loud clacking sound was evident on the pavement. 

"Did you have a good time tonight, asshole?" She asked, smirking a bit.

Anthony nodded, looking down as they walked. "Yeah, it was fun. A lot of fun." Anthony said with a faint smile at his lips, "Not like there's much to do around here, and that was pretty insane."