“Impressive isn’t it?” Chance whispered, his grip around my waist tightening slightly.

I nodded.

Nerves that I had managed to squash until now slowly started clouding my mind. Never in my seventeen years of life had I ever done anything illegal. I’d never even gotten a speeding ticket for goodness sakes.

Yet, here I was, working for a drug dealer.

Funny how the world works sometimes.

Shaking my head, I tried to clear my thoughts as Chance guided us to the concierge desk. The woman behind it glanced up, her eyes widening when she saw Chance.

“Mr. Burke. What can I do for you?” she asked. Her dark hair, olive skin and green eyes gave her an exotic look. Not to mention her voice held some type of accent.

“I need a key for the penthouse suite , please,” Chance stated, his voice like liquid sin.

The woman fell under his spell immediately. Nodding politely, she opened a drawer and handed Chance a black and gold keycard.

“This should give you access to all rooms, including the penthouse, Sir.”

“Very well. Thank you.”

With that, Chance dragged me to the elevator. The doors opened for us and we walked in.

As the doors closed, I expected Chance to insert the key and punch the button for the top floor. However, he didn’t touch the key pad at all, instead he started to unbutton his suit.

“What are you doing?”

He didn’t answer, more focused on undoing the last button on his jacket. It fell open, revealing Chance’s dark under shirt.

And a whole lot more.

Instantly, my eyes were drawn to the Glock lodged in one of Chance’s two shoulder holsters. The other holster held a knife sheaved in a Kevlar case.

Clipped to the inside pockets of Chance’s jacket were another two knives, these ones small yet wicked sharp.

“Holy shit. What are we walking into?” I half-yelled.

Chance rolled his eyes. “We’ll be fine. I just liked to be prepared.”

Like that made me feel any better.

Against my will, my hands started to shake. Chance noticed immediately.

“Hey, nothing’s going to happen. But, if for some reason, the shit hits the fan, I’ll get us out of here.”

I nodded, letting out a breath I didn’t know I’d been holding.

Chance gave me a brief smile before tapping the railing bolted to the side of the elevator wall. “Put your leg up here.”

“What?”

He’d totally see my cooch if I lifted my leg. Granted, I had underwear on, but it was black and lacy and totally something your boss shouldn’t see.

“Remember what I said about listening to me?” Chance’s gaze narrowed.

I gulped, but nonetheless lifted my leg. One hand reached out to the wall for support while the other tugged the hem of my dress down. Still, it just barely covered everything.

“What are you doing?”

“I can’t have you defenseless. You need a weapon too.”

Chance pulled out another knife from his pocket along with a small black Velcro contraption.