Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

“You’re definitely getting that,” Chance smirked as his eyes raked over me.

Suddenly, his gaze left mine and landed on the peroxide blond sales girl currently perched on his lap. Her name tag read Victoria, and I had the feeling that her bra size was twenty times larger than her brain size.

Smirk widening further, Chance leaned down and whispered something in her ear. I watched as Kandi’s eyes widened. She let out a high pitched giggle, before getting up and disappearing into the back room.

Turning my attention away from the happy couple, I faced the floor-length mirror. My brow furrowed as I took in my appearance.

I looked like a slut.

I wore a skin tight cocktail dress. The vibrant scarlet colored fabric went well with the six inch crystal laden stilettos strapped to my feet.

The dress was ridiculously short.

It barely covered my ass cheeks. And my girls were just about spilling out of the front. It was entirely backless except for a small, flimsy lace strap. Crystals emblazoned the fabric over my breasts, managing to draw all eyes to my cleavage.

The dress should’ve been illegal for being so revealing. I felt like I was wearing nothing.

I didn’t even want to try sitting down in it. After all, it was a struggle just to walk out of the changing room. With every step I took, I felt like one of my ass cheeks was going to pop out.

As soon as I was back in the changing room, I shucked the dress off and grimly put it in the ‘Yes’ pile. After that, I put my original clothes back on. I’d already tried on close to thirty dresses, twenty skirts, and endless amounts of low cut tops.

Apparently, part of my job description was to dress like a slut. Go figure.

As soon as I pulled my trusty blazer back on, I walked outside. There, I found Chance lounging on a couch in the back of the store.

Three sales associates all surrounded him. Like before, Victoria was perched on his lap. In Chance’s other hand, he held a crystal glass filled with some kind of amber liquid.

Upon seeing me, he lowered the glass from his lips. “Alright ladies, I’m afraid the fun is over for now.”

All the girls around him whined. Victoria looked downright delirious as her gaze flicked to me.

For a second I thought she was going to murder me for just looking at Chance, but then she replaced her sneer with a mega-watt smile and stood up.

“It’s only understandable that you’d want to leave, Mr. Burke. After all, this store isn’t for people quite like Miss Mickelson.” She shot me a bitch glare.

I raised a brow. To be honest, all I wanted to do was rip her Jimmy Choo stilettos off her feet and gouge her eyes out with the heels. But instead I stayed calm and fixed my gaze on Chance.