{Chapter 3}

'Love... What is love..? What is the use of it..?'

The question rang through your mind as you walked slowly down the stairs to the dining room. Fantisful aromas drifted from the kitchen. 'Ah, father's amazing cooking,' you smiled to yourself. Shouts slapped you out of your thoughts. Groaning, you ran to the dining room. Faint yellow wallpaper with small flowers speckled on it surrounded the three boys who sat around the circular, oak table. "NO NO NO!" Jason screamed, eyes full of hate and disgust. Dr. Smiley was holding him back as he struggled to lunge towards, wait for it, Helen.

"What is going on!?" You demanded, [eye color] orbs deathly glaring at your whole hated rival. Helen shrugged, hands up in a surrendering motion.

"All I did was talking about games," he stated, avoiding eye contact with you.

'What's with him?' You asked yourself.

"HE WAS SAYING THAT THE STUPID ELF IS BETTER AT VIDEO GAMES THAN ME!" Jason practically screamed, a wild look shining in his eyes.

"Helen!" You snapped, already feeling the urge to slap him.

"What?"

"Why would you say that, idiot!?" You growled, eyes darkening.

"It's true! He was resurrected as Link and is, pretty much, the best gaming pasta," Helen debated, a small smirk coiling onto his features. As much as you hated to admit it, he was right. BEN Drowned was legendary; not only for his kills, but his gaming abilities. You remembered when you visited your Uncle Slender's mansion for a week. He was a lot of fun, and you got along amazingly, but the feeling of happiness didn't last long. Once you returned to your father's mansion, he became even colder to you. As if that wasn't enough, when Jason found out that you had had fun with BEN, he totally lost it! His tantrums made him loose control completely, leading to many scars and bruises that still reside on your skin to this day. You forgave him, of course, but the memory still hurts.

Anyway, reminiscing aside, you knew that Helen was right in this situation. You also knew that you would have to side with the artist-- this wasn't going to end well. You were about to tell Jason what you thought, but when ypu went to open your mouth, a calm, male voice stepped in. "I'm sorry, Jason," the Bloody Painter apologized. "I was wrong to accuse you of being inferrier to BEN Drowned in the aspect of video games." You stood there, mouth agaped.

'Did he just take a bullet for me?' You wondered incredulously.

"Just don't do it again," Jason demanded, only this time, no longer screaming. A cough was heard, causing all accupants of the room to turn around. In the doorway stood Splendor, holding a piping hot pan of lasagna with oven mitts. The five of you sat down and at the table and ate. Your father smiled and made conversation with all of his other Creepypasta, but ignored you. Helen shot you multiple signs of pity and sympathy.

'Great,' you thought bitterly. 'now I'm being pitied! I hate this crap.' After this, you his begin your [hair length], [hair color] locks. Dinner took about half an hour, and you rushed out before Splendorman could get desert. Tears were threatening to overflow from your [eye color] orbs. You felt alone and depressed. 'There is no point in trying to find love. Because no one can love you.' This thought had been in your mind multiple times, and you were quite used to them by now. You were about half way up the stairs when you felt a strong grip grab your [skin toned] wrist. You quickly wiped the tears away before turning around, your [eye color] [jewels/chocolates] met with a passionate navy blue pair.

Helen's messy black hair was slightly more tamed by his mask that resided on top of his head. His black leather gloves were gently wrapped around your right wrist as he tooled two steps towards you, towering over you by at least three inches. "[Your Name]..." He muttered, his voice a new softness from any other time you had heard. "I'm sorry that you're father doesn't treat you right..." At his words, salty tears built up once more, only you couldn't hold them back. He pulled you close and you cried silently into his chest. After several minutes, you pulled away. Your tears had stopped and you dried their wet remains on your cheeks.

"Helen? Are you coming? It's [favorite flavor of cake]!" Splendor called again. You turned away from the important teenager, trying to prevent another outbreak of tears.

"[Your Name], I don't have go. I can just stay with you until you cheer up."

You smiled a little at him. "Helen, just go have fun. Enjoy your life," you whispered and ran up before he could deny. Your heart was beating fast from your encounter with the young man.

'Why do I feel this way?' You wondered as you pulled out [favorite book], laying on your bed. You spent half an hour reading before you dozed into blissful slumber.

'Love is when someone cares about you enough to help you through anything.'