"Why—" Bago ko pa man matapos ang tanong ko, agad niya akong niyakap ng mahigpit. Maslalo akong nanigas sa kinatatayuan ko nang marinig ko ang pag singhot niya.

"I don't want you to go." He's crying. I know he is. And by the sound of his voice my chest started to tighten. "Ang tanga tanga ko."

"Yan lang ba ang ipinunta mo dito?" Shit. It sounded like I don't want him here. Parang sa paraan ng pagsabi ko, pinapaalis ko siya. I felt him slowly removing his arms. Dahan-dahan siyang lumayo sa akin at nakayuko na umatras.

"I-I'm sorry to disturb you at this hour." And just like that, pain crossed his face again. He was like a little boy wiping the tears from his eyes using his arms trying to hide it. Nakayuko siya pero nakikita ko pa rin ng konti ang mukha niya. Hanggang balikat lang ako sa kanya kaya kitang-kita ko kahit itago niya.

"Klaus—"

"I love you Kaye. I never stopped loving you." Napanganga ako nang marinig ang sinabi niya. Did he just told me he still loves me? But I heard him. "I was just... afraid. I thought... I thought that you will never love me the same way I love you. That you can always barge into my life and then... like what you did, you can just... you can just leave me anytime you want, because that's you, Kaye. You don't need me. You're the strongest woman I know and it sucks. It sucks because it's also one of the things I love about you."

I remained silent as I let him have his talk. I don't want to ruin his moment. I want to hear everything that he wants to say. I'll savour every word that will come out of his mouth. I want to treasure this moment... dahil iba na ngayon. Everything's not just about us anymore.

"I'll beg if I have to... just please... don't leave me again." He said and my heart reached out to him as he cries—beg in front of me. Wala akong kahit na anong masabi.

I just don't know where to start. Everything that I wanted to tell him just evaporated. Hindi ko na alam. Wala nang pumapasok sa utak ko. Before I could even react. He slowly took a step back. Akala ko aalis na siya but he started to bend his knees and my eyes widened as I realized what he's about to do.

"Stop. Dont... don't do that." I stopped him bago pa man siya lumuhod sa harap ko. I don't want him to beg. It would kill me to see him like that. He looked at me with anticipation. "I'm sorry."

I saw how his shoulders fell. How tears escaped from his eyes. I saw how disappointed he was. Pero hindi ko pwedeng basta nalang sirain ang plano ko. I'm doing this not because of him... or Riona. I'm doing this for myself, because for the past years, I've always relied my happiness on someone else that I forgot how to be happy on my own. Being alone, whenever Riona is with Klaus, made me realize that sometimes being alone doesn't mean you're sad, being alone is something you need because the first person you should love before anyone else is yourself.

And this is the first time that I'll be doing something for myself without having a problem or thinking about anything or anyone else.

"I'm still leaving, Klaus." I told him. He pressed his lips together. Gusto kong hawakan ang mukha niya, gusto kong punasan ang mga luha mula sa mga mata niya... pero natatakot ako na baka kapag ginawa ko iyon, hindi ko mapanindigan ang desisyon ko.

"Do you... do you love him?" He said and sniffled. I opened my mouth to talk pero bago pa man may isang salita na lumabas sa bibig ko nagsimula siyang umiling at pumikit. "I-I'm sorry. I'll just... I—." He took a deep breath before he tried to put a smile on his face. A smile to hide the pain and fears that crossed his face for a second. "Don't worry about Riona. I'll take care of her while you're gone. You should... take your rest."