Chapter 34

KLAUS

"Mommy you're going with us tomorrow, right?" Riona asked Kaye again as she draws on her book. Sumilip ako sa ipad ng anak ko upang makita ang mukha ni Kaye. She's as beautiful as ever.

"Yes baby, how many times have you asked me that already? Ang kulit mo!" I can't help but to chuckle as I chop the vegetables for our dinner. Riona quickly glanced at me and grinned.

"I'm just reminding you mommy in case makalimot mo." I shook my head. Rio just reminded Kaye for the third time in fifteen minutes since they started talking.

She was actually referring to her school activity. Since it's family day, parents were requested to attend the said event with their child at school. Riona has been talking about it since she learned that Kaye and I are both going. I refuse to be absent on her first family day.

They talked for an hour. I love hearing their voice and their funny conversations, especially when they argue about something they disagree about and Kaye would just sigh whenever Rio wins at the argument. Napapailing nalang ako. Hindi ba niya alam na sa kanya nag mana ng kakulitan si Rio? It must've been so frustrating to argue with the little version of yourself.

I cannot help but to smile to myself whenever I hear them laughing. I love hearing their laugh, it almost sounded identical. Rio may have gotten most of her facial features from me, but really, her attitude is more like Kaye's.

"Daddy are you happy?" Napatingin ako sa anak ko dahil sa tanong niya habang pareho kaming naghahapunan. Wala akong masagot kaya ngumiti nalang ako, but it made me think, am I happy?

Is this the life I wanted?

The next day came and I don't know why I feel excited and nervous at the same time. Hindi naman ito ang pinaka-unang beses na magkikita kami ulit ni Kaye simula nang maghiwalay kami. I just... don't know.

"Mommy's here!" Rio shouted that made me literally jump. The already rapid beating of my heart became wilder. Di ko talaga alam kung bakit nerbyoso ako ngayong araw. Are my caffeine intake these past few days too much to make me all edgy?

I took a deep breath and slowly turned around to follow Rio's gaze. My heart shattered at the sight of Kaye smiling at that guy. He said something that made her roll her eyes and that moron laughed like there's no tomorrow. Fucker.

"Daddy what's wrong?"

"W-what?" I asked glancing at my daughter before turning back my gaze at Kaye as she converse with my old friend now turned enemy.

"Daddy!" My eyes automatically went back to my daughter when I heard her angry voice. This time she called my attention and made me look at her.

"Yes Rio?" She put her hands on her hips like the little madam that she is. I pressed my lips together to hold back a smile. Exactly like Kaylareen.

"You're not listening." I raised both my hands up to prevent myself from tasting the wrath of the little Kaylareen in front of me.

"I'm sorry baby. I was... distracted." I said, quickly glancing at Kaye and that fucker again. It switch the bad side in me whenever I see that guy with Kaylareen. I frowned at the sight of her waving goodbye to Gerard who just grinned at her and waved his hand at our direction.

I refuse to wave back at that traitor, kaya naman nang makita ko na itataas ni Riona ang kamay niya para kumaway pabalik, agad kong hinawakan ang kamay ng anak ko.

"Mommy's dating Tito Gerard." My eyes quickly landed on my daughter. She looked at me with that passive look on her face.

"What?"