t w e n t y - t w o

I woke up on my bed, with my wrist all cleaned up. I remembered falling a sleep last night in the bathroom, why am I in my room? I stood up from my bed and noticed my brother and mom sleeping on the floor beside me. "Good morning sweetheart" my mom quickly got up pulling me into a hug. "Good morning mom" I said with a moody tone. "Sara are you alright?" Jacob asked rubbing his eye. "I'll be fine" I replied. "No you clearly won't. Look we love you at all cost. We are here for you, we are here to support you, to love you, to care for you, to hug you, to kiss you, to enjoy every moment with you. So please be here to let us do those things for you." My mom starts to tear up. "I'm going to take a break from work to be here with you" my mom said as she took a deep breath. "Sara, never do this every again. I love you fucking so much to loose you." Jacob said joining the hug. "I love you too" I said and hugged them back.

"I need to go to collage...I'll be back by 4" Jacob said kissing my head and leaving my room. "I'm going to go make your favorite breakfast" my mom said with a huge smile on her face.

I pick up my phone from my night stand and see...

18 missed calls from Joey
23 missed calls from Mom
22 missed calls from Jacob
11 missed calls from Mads
13 missed calls from Riley
12 missed calls from Charles
14 missed calls from Jack
8 missed class from Blake

34 messages from Joey
56 messages from Mom
63 messages from Jacob
21 messages from Mads
32 messages from Riley
18 messages from Charles
25 messages from Jack
13 messages from Blake

I open up all the messages but didn't reply to any.

Jojo 💙: Please don't leave me on read.
Jojo 💙: Sara!
Jojo 💙: You don't understand what happened.
Jojo 💙: She pulled me into the bathroom. She told me if I didn't have sex with her, she will hurt you again.
Jojo 💙: I swear on my life I'm not lying.
Jojo 💙: I didn't want to see you get hurt by her again. But I should've known you would've hurt yourself.
Jojo 💙: I'm sorry, please talk to me.
Jojo 💙: You promised you won't cut.

I just ignored the message and walked down stairs to see my mom cooking some pancakes. "Mm smells good mom" I sniffed the air.

I then heard my phone buzz and I pick it up.

Mads 🦋: Hey Babe
Me: Hey.
Mads 🦋: Are you ok?
Me: I'm fine.
Mads 🦋: I love you soooo much. Please never hurt yourself again.
Me: I love you too.
Mads 🦋: Sara..
Me: Yes?
Mads 🦋: *send video*
(In the video Joey was laying down in his bed crying)
Mads 🦋: He won't talk to us, or eat, or sleep. Please talk to him.
Me: He did this to himself.
Mads 🦋: He isn't lying to you...He is saying the truth about Violet. Blake showed my the security camera footage.
Me: I don't care
Mads 🦋: Please...

I left her on read, and closed my phone. "Mom.." "yes honey" I showed her the video of Joey. " Honey...I know he has hurt you a couple of times. But I can tell he really cares for you, he is your best friend and he is hurt seeing you like this. I know what happened last night, what he did was wrong but he did it to protect you. You should talk to him. I had a similar problem when I was your age and I regret to this day not talking to my best friend." she said while handing me the pancakes with a scoop of ice cream. "Thank you mom, I'll message him when I'm done eating" I said with a week smile.

...