Ball

Somebody was touching her and at first, the body that was unable to move and a half-unconscious state made terror and helplessness strike yet did monsters feel so warm as if it was only a fleeting moment of the graze and caress that she never wanted to end. Alaina moaned once again and the soft feeling of the fingers massaging in her hair paused.

"With me here, who dares even look at you.....go to sleep little princess, you are safe in my abode."

Was that meant to be reassuring...a male voice so rich and deep like a silver dagger dipped in fruity honey, how dare she sleep in presence of an unknown entity who could have harmed her and took advantage of her perilous state....or was he god?

The way he rubbed her cold fingers with his palms transferring his warmth and for once kissing them as he muttered something along the lines..."so tiny like a doll" before there was a long silence like the person realizing that he wasn't meant to have such feelings for herself.

Night passed and when Alaina woke up in the morning nobody was in the room, the guards stationed outside were replaced by three female staff members of the hotel that knocked first and got in to inform that their firm had informed Maximus Storm in the night itself that his daughter was not in the position to leave to which he had sent additional ten guards and also was already waiting in the lobby to receive her.

"Miss shall we help you dress?" The Russian heiress did not understood why the female staff members treated her as such yet when she nodded the women arranged for all of her necessities.

While all the things were said and done, the chocolate irises looked at the room one last time before leaving only to find an ice blue rose without kept at the corner of the bed.

Her breath hitched when she recalled what the voice whispered at last.

"We will meet again little love."

__________________________________________________

Axiom Academy

Russia

'The Welcoming ball' was a legacy of Axiom Academy to accept talented students across the globe. From the privileges, it provided to the name of its students and various connections that could be established through an institution as such were numerous propelling young heirs to attend.

Maximus Strom, Alaina's father strengthened Axiom Academy's pillars with time while his brother Reece Strom contributed his life towards the Academy as a teacher and principal.

Although Cally's father also enjoyed his childhood and teenage years as its scholar, he was never interested in continuing their legacy- Valace Strom didn't wish to be a part of his brother's world, he had plans.....plans which were very different from them.

Students here were children of most influential business tycoons, though the Storms remained the undisputed Kings among them, this Academy was much more than business for Maximus Strom.

The ballroom with its marble flooring of rich black color was complimenting its golden embroidered walls which were draped with ebullient red curtains, a set of gold chandeliers adorning the high ceiling of the room. Mahogany wood tables lay across the room, draped with golden covers.

Alcoholic drinks were strictly prohibited, overrated expensive wines from the finest vein yards and most elegant food, beverages and fruits which were deemed as an extravagance even among the richest were meant to be served.
In all, it was a display of the royalty of Storms.

*********************

Storm palace

Russia

"Cally, you are going to look gorgeous, although you are naturally beautiful."Alaina's mother Sandra was currently designing Cally's dark blonde hair flowing in waves over her olive skin, with bright blue eyes, the girl looked a beauty worth rivaling.

Sandra displayed nothing but kindness and love to Cally. As a woman of such a household she was bound to be proud and humble yet the one thing that attracted various gazing looks was the simplicity with which she carried her beauty, Sandra was once a friend of Valace Storm and he had wanted her for his own self, a kind of obsession that does not fade away but is simply hidden in shadows.....that was what he felt for her yet the one to win that woman's heart was his brother.

"Thank you, Aunt Sandra, I don't know what will I do without you."Sandra just kissed her head and passed an affectionate smile.

But Cally was bitter

if only in your position my mother would have been there, I would have really been happy instead of hiding my fury.

Her thoughts echoed.

"Dear, I and your uncle will arrive later at the ball, you and Alaina can go together. Will you please tell her that she needs to go to the office first and talk about the speech to Reece, we are already running late."

"Will do aunt, no worries" she stated and took a sigh of relief, Alaina's father kept persisting them to give speeches, either it would be Alaina or her and she was in no mood to make the glory of Strom empire rise with her hard work.

Cally couldn't wait to see it fall.
--------------------------