When You're Insecure

James: You were standing in front of the bathroom mirror, running your fingers over the small spots where you once had acne. You hated it when you got flare ups and scars took their place. After a bit, James saw you, and came up behind you, saying, "What's the matter babe?" You looked up at him, and said, "My acne scars are really bad... I hate it when this happens." James kissed your temple, hugging you, and said, "You know what? I have acne scars too. I don't let them bug me because no one is looking at them. Just remember, I love you no matter what, and you'll always be my girl." You smiled, kissing his cheek, and said, "Thanks for making me feel better babe. You always know just what to say."

Kirk: You've always had poor vision. And you didn't mind. But when it came to wearing your glasses, you were very insecure, because they were thick framed, and you always thought they made you look nerdy. That's why you always wore contacts. But when you lost one, you just gave up, and put on your glasses. When you did, you sighed, tears forming in your eyes, and said, "I hate these stupid glasses..." After a bit, you looked up to see Kirk standing in the doorway with an empathetic look on his face, and he said, "Babe... What's the matter?" You looked up at him, and said, "I lost my contacts so now I have to wear my glasses..." Kirk looked at you, kissing your cheek, and said, "I'll be right back." After a bit, he came back holding what looked to be a glasses case. When he did, he opened it, taking the glasses out, and putting them on his face. You looked at him, tears still rolling down your cheeks, and he said, "See, babe? I need glasses too. It happens to the best of us. You know what other famous musicians needed glasses?" You looked at him, and said, "Who?" He smiled and said, "John Lennon, Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly, lots of musicians. Even me! I'll always love you no matter what. And, I think those glasses make you look way cuter." With that, he kissed your cheek, and you two went on with your day.

Lars:  You've always been insecure about your body. But when it came to your figure, you were the most insecure. When you got out of the shower one day, you stood in front of the mirror after putting on your underwear. You poked your chubby tummy, sighing at the sight of your muffin top, and crossed your arms as tears rolled down your cheek. You saw a blurry figure walk up behind you, and you felt two arms wrap around your waist. When you did, Lars said, "What's the matter babe?" You looked up at him, and said, "I hate my chubby tummy and muffin top..." Lars looked at you, sadness in his big green eyes, and said, "Well, I love you just the way you are. I don't care if you have a little bit of pudge. That just means there's more of you for me to love." You smiled, wiping the tears away, and hugged him.

Cliff: Since you've had your twins, you've had a long, horizontal scar across your abdomen from the emergency C-section you underwent. Cliff knew you were insecure about it, so when he saw you standing in front of the mirror tracing the long, slightly raised scar on your belly with your fingers, he knew there was something wrong. He walked over to you, wrapping his arms around your waist, and said, "What's the matter my love?" You looked up at him, tears in your eyes, and said, "I hate this scar... It's been here ever since the twins were born and I just want it to go away..." Cliff kissed your temple, and said, "I know, babe. But I love you just the way you are. C-section scar or not, you're beautiful and I wouldn't change one thing about you. And, I wouldn't trade having our little ones with you for anything in the world. I love my little family with all my heart." When he said this, he kissed your cheek, gently thumbing the tears from your eyes, and hugged you.

Dave: You've always been insecure about your legs. You hated the fact that your thighs touched and had dimples. No matter what you tried, your legs always seemed to stand out. But today, it was very hot outside, and you couldn't wear thick pants, and you didn't have any dresses to wear available. So all you could wear was a pair of ripped up waist high shorts. When you got dressed, you looked in the mirror, sighing at the sight of your legs, and you said, "I wish my legs didn't look like this..." As you said this, you heard footsteps behind you, and turned around to see Dave looking at you with a sad expression. He looked at you, and said, "Babe... Do you really feel this way?" You looked at him, tears threatening to fall from your sad (E/C) eyes, and said, "Just about my legs... I hate how they look." Dave came over to you, hugging you, and said, "But babe, I love your legs. To be completely honest, I think your legs look amazing. Especially in those cute little shorts you've got on." You smiled, kissing his cheek, and said, "Thanks, babe. I love you so much."

Jason: You hated the fact that you had braces. You've always needed them, and the looks people give you don't help either. The day someone called you "Metal-Mouth" was the last straw. You sat on the couch, curling up under a big blanket, and sobbed. As you were, you heard footsteps, and felt the blanket being removed from over your head. When you did, you looked up to see Jason looking down at you with sadness in his eyes. He sat down next to you, and said, "What's the matter gorgeous?" You looked up at him, and said, "Someone called me metal-mouth today in the music store..." Jason kissed your cheek, hugging you tightly, and said, "Babe, don't listen to that jerk. You're beautiful. If I loved you before you got your braces, I'll still love you even when you still have them. I love you no matter what." You smiled, wiping the tears from your face, and hugged Jason, kissing him on the cheek, and you two sat on the couch and watched movies.

Rob: You looked in the mirror, sighing as you sadly looked at the stretch marks on your belly as a reminder of the difficult task of carrying your twins for 8 months. Rob knew you were insecure about them, so when he saw you standing in front of the mirror tracing each long, zigzagged indent in your belly with your fingers, he knew there was something wrong. He walked over to you, wrapping his arms around your waist, and said, "What's the matter beautiful?" You looked up at him, and said, "I hate these stretch marks... They've been here ever since the twins were born and I just want them to go away..." Rob kissed your temple, and said, "I know, babe. But I love you just the way you are. Stretch marks or not, you're beautiful and I wouldn't change one thing about you. And, I wouldn't trade having the twins with you for anything in the world. I love my little family with all my heart." With that, you smiled lightly, kissing his cheek, and you two went on with your day.