Chapter 30

-Blake Pov-

As always, I'm a light sleeper, and so I feel my eyes fluttering open after only a few hours of sleep. When I do wake up, I find myself eye to eye with (y/n), and then I realize that I rolled up on top of him, and the two of us are face to face. I find myself thinking he's cute when he sleeps, and then I find myself shaking my head quickly. My heart hammers a little in my chest, and I don't know what to do. I want to stay in his arms, but a part of me also wants to leave. After what happened with Adam, I don't know what would happen if I let myself get close to him. I don't know if I can let myself fall for him, or if he'll turn into Adam, and if I'll keep supporting him blindly.

The thought of that scares me a good deal, and so I place a hand on his chest gently, and then I push myself off of him. I take a shaky breath. My memories of Adam have been staying with me for such a long time. He never hit me, or took his anger out on me. But he got in my head. He made me change how I thought, and manipulated the evidence to make me think differently than I did. And (y/n) is nothing like that. I know that, but the more paranoid part of me sees that as entirely possible, maybe because they're brothers, and look alike but I can't shake the feeling.

With a shaky breath, I make my way out of the room, and I try to go back to my team's room, when I see Weiss sitting outside of it, reading something on her scroll. I clear my throat a little, so as not to startle her, but loud enough she can hear me. Weiss then sets aside her scroll a little bit, and then looks at me. " Sorry. I couldn't sleep," she admits. " I didn't want to be on my scroll in the room and wake either of them up."

" I know how that feels. I was in the room with (y/n) for a little bit, but I didn't manage to sleep all that well either. And I didn't wanna bother him, but I did need the lights up a little bit for me to be able to read," I lie to her, not wanting to explain all of the details of (y/n), and Adam and Ultraman. I then look at her a little bit, and then shrug at her. " Do you mind if I join you?" She shakes her head, and then moves to make some room, and then I sit down next to her, with a book I had brought with me.

Weiss then sits for a moment, and continues to read something on her scroll. I bite my lip, and then curiosity gets the best of me, and then I glance over to see what she's reading, and then I nod to myself when I see that it's old texts she had with Jason, and so I look away to give her a moment to herself to not invade her privacy. The two of us sit in silence for a moment, and then Weiss looks over to me. " Can I ask you something," she asks, and then I give her a nod, letting her do so. She then takes a deep breathe. " When did you realize that you were in love with (y/n)? I keep reading all of my old texts with Jason, and I'm trying to think and figure something out."

I blush a little at her indication, and also her confidence in it. She doesn't say it like she thinks I'm in love with (y/n), she says it like she just knows it. I think about it for a moment, and then blush when I realize there might be some truth to (y/n)'s words. " It was slow for me. If I am in love with him, there was never a moment when I just knew. It wasn't anything like that. It took me a long time to open up to the idea. But now that I am, it doesn't bother me so much," I manage to tell her in the end, and then I try to fight my blush down.

" With Jason, there was never a moment like that either. In fact, I couldn't stand him sometimes," Weiss admits to me with a chuckle. " But as time went on, I got to know him more. And when I opened up my heart to the idea of falling in love with him, it was a little too late. He was gone. To fly with the angels or something. If I do find him, I don't know if I would smack him or kiss him first."

A smile comes to my face when she says this. It feels nice to be bonding with her a little bit more, and to be able to get to know her. " (y/n) and I hadn't seen each other in ages. But it was a little bit different than him leaving with no real reason. Some things happened, and then I thought he was dead," I say keeping it vague, as Weiss looks at me somewhat confused, but not questioning it. " When I saw him again, I hugged him. And I think you should do the same when you see Jason."

Weiss nods and smiles at me, and then holds up a finger when she feels the bullhead starting to land. She then stands up and then looks at me. " Thanks for being here for me Blake," she says with a smile. " I'll try to make it up to you one day." I nod at her, and then smile. Weiss then goes and wakes up her team, as I go and do the same for (f/i)VSK and then I smile when I feel us landing.

The doors then open, and then I go to step out of the ship, and all of our eyes widen when we see ourselves surrounded by the White Fang, with all of their guns and soldiers. All of us dash for our weapons, ready for the fight to begin.