Chapter 16

-Your Pov-

The next morning, you wake up and then roll out of your sleeping bag and then go to begin getting dressed. Sighing a little bit, you then pack up your sleeping bag and all of your things, and then go down to the lockers so you can get your weapon. You struggle a little bit to open the locker, and then it opens eventually. You get your staff out, and then set it over your shoulder. Once you have your things ready for the day, you then make your way to the cliff where you had been told to go for the initiation.

You look over and then see other people heading over, with their own weapons and armor, and you admire some of the people who are here, and the weapons they have. Ozpin and Glynda are the last to arrive, and then Ozpin sips his coffee a little bit. " There have been many rumors about when you will receive a partner, and then when you will receive a team. Today," he says, and then you hear the nervous murmuring of students, and then you glance around and see Blake, seemingly a little worried about the news herself. You then look at Ozpin to wonder how you'll get a partner.

" You're going to be launched into the forest. There will be Grimm, and many other obstacles in the way. Fight to destroy everything in your path, or you will be killed," Ozpin warns. At this, some students get happy, and then others deflate a little bit with fear. Ozpin then hesitates a moment to let that information sink in, and then he nods a little bit. " The first person you make eye contact with during the initiation will be your partner for the next four years. Head towards the temple, and then bring back one of the relics."

Nodding to yourself, you then make a note to try and find Blake so you can be partners with her. Before you have too much time to think about it, the platforms all of you stand on begin to launch. You then see Blake's launch, and then a little bit later, your platform ends up launching. The wind goes through your hair, and then you begin your descent. Grabbing your staff, you flick a button on the handle, and a spear blade comes out of the top. Jamming it into a tree, you begin falling down the tree, just slower. Once you're safe, you kick yourself off the tree and land.

You find yourself surrounded by Grimm, mostly Beowulves. Smiling, you take your spear and then begin to fight with them, managing to keep them all at a distance, rolling and fighting. Suddenly, an Ursa then comes out of the forest, barreling for you. You get ready to fight with it, and then a falcon flies by. The Ursa gets confused, and then stops focusing on you, and then begins walking to the falcon. Before you can react to it, an arrow hits the Ursa through one of the arms. It howls in pain, and then runs to the source of the arrow.

A girl in a cloak stands there, in camouflage colors. " Good one Clover," she says, and then falcon from earlier comes and perches itself on her shoulder. The Ursa begins running for her again, and then she shoots it through the other arm. It howls in pain, and then it's arms slump to the sides uselessly. Then, you hop into the air, and then spin your spear, and bring it down, piercing through it's skull. A moment passes, and then the Ursa falls to the ground dead. The girl in the cloak looks at you, and then pulls down her hood, revealing her tanned skin and black hair. " Thanks for the help. My name is Valora. Valora Greenwood. And this is Clover," she said, gesturing to the falcon.

" My name is (y/n). (y/n) Taurus," you introduce yourself with a smile. Valora nods, and the two of you shake your hands, and then you think for a moment. " It looks like the two of us are going to be partners." She then nods at you, and feeds Clover some pieces of raw meat. " Well, let's get headed to the temple," you say, and then she nods.

The two of you begin walking down to try to find the temple, though you hear a rumbling in the ground. Clover screeches, and then you and Valora both get your weapons out. Looking over to see the cause of the rumbling, your eyes widen when you see a horde of Boarbatusk rolling at you. " Go for their stomach," Valora says, and then rolls out of the way, shooting at them, to no effect as they roll.

Before you can think a little too much about what you're going to do, and then you see a missile fly in. Your eyes widen a little bit, and then you roll out of the way again. It lands and then explodes, sending some of the Boarbatusk flying away. Looking over, you then see a man with pale skin, green eyes and black hair standing there, holding a rocket launcher, though you can tell it has features of an axe. " Thanks for the assist," you tell him, rising to your feet. You then go to shake his hand, and then he hesitates a little.

" Silver," he says for his introduction, and then he doesn't follow up with anything else. The three of you stand there for a moment, not saying anything to each other. After the silence becomes a little too awkward, Silver looks at you and Valora. " Shall we head down to the temple then," he says, and then the three of you nod and begin heading down, and eventually, you can see some people making their way there already, and then you sigh a little bit when you see that Blake seems to already have a partner.

As the three of you walk closer, Silver hesitates, and then places a foot to the ground. " Move," he says quickly. Neither you or Valora question him, and then roll out of where you had been standing. Suddenly, a King Taijitu bursts from the ground. The three of you all get your weapons and then look at it.

Before any of you have the chance to do anything, you see a blonde girl running in, with a katana in her hands. She hops in the air above the King Taijitu and then you see patches of ice forming under the Grimm. The girl then brings her katana down, slicing off both heads in one go, before sheathing her katana. She looks at you three, and then sighs. " Is this my team? If so, I'm disappointed. My name is Karma. Don't slow me down."

The four of you walk to the temple, in a silence which is even more strained than it had been before, with Valora, Silver and Karma not saying anything to each other, and all of you make it to the temple. After some discussion, you end up grabbing one of the king chess pieces, and stand with some of the other teams.

Clover sits on Valora's shoulders, and then suddenly begins to screech. Valora looks at him curiously, and then Silver has a palm on the ground. " Something is coming," he warns, and then Karma brings out her katana. All of your eyes widen when you see a Mammoth Grimm barrelling in. The four of you then stand side by side, ready to fight for survival.

( Let me know what you thought, and thanks to everyone who let me use their oc.

Valora belongs to DrakeWings

Silver belongs to Super_Human456

And Karma belongs to @ChippewaChooncher