Chapter 35

Carnival!

Seth POV:

Dean and I are clasping our hands tightly together while walking into the carnival and searching for Renee. It's about fifteen minutes since we have arrived here, but she doesn't get into our eyes. It's not new to me, and I'm used to it already many times.

A smile curls on my lips as I find her standing against a concession stand and talking to someone on the phone

A smile curls on my lips as I find her standing against a concession stand and talking to someone on the phone. "Hey, Renee." I wave a hand at her and drag my husband along with me, approaching her.

She hangs up the phone quickly and opens her arms for me, giving me a long hug. "Hey guys, I'm glad that you both come." She then hugs him and presses a small kiss on his cheek, which he rubs as usual. It's not a surprise for me because I'm used to this as well.

"This place is nice but a little crowd." I frown, leaning against my husband and holding his hand again. My eyes seem bright as I watch the kids running around here and there, enjoying their time. When I notice her eyes are boring into me, I glance at her and provide an apologetic smile. "Sorry.."

She frowns. "You're such a boring man. You don't know how to enjoy all this." She slaps my shoulder playfully, but he smirks, not really giving a shit. We walk further, and I see a stand that is selling funnel cake, which makes my plan more than okay with it.

"Ferris wheel!" Renee yells, attracting more than bare attention. "We should do the Ferris wheel first."

"Oh, hell no." I shake my head furiously. "Fuck no. Fuck that." I glance at him and wrap my arms around him, hiding my face in this chest.

"Why not? You were the one who was interested to appear here!" He lifts my face and asks me curiously.

"Because Seth doesn't like heights!" She pats on my shoulder, an evil grin crossing her face. "He's a bit chicken." She says in a teasing tone.

"I'm not a chicken." I glare at her and knock her hand off of me. "That thing just looks like it's gonna fall apart the minute we get on it." I try to tell her some reason because I want to.

"Oh, it doesn't." She grabs my arm and pulls me away from him.

I shake my head and hold him even tighter. "Fuck no." I drag my feet stubbornly. "You're not getting me on that. Fuck you. Go with Dean if you want to." I lean against him tiredly.

"Hmm... Dean, come on." She moves onto his side and tries to approach him, but he holds his hand out to stop her and turns to look at me. She glances at him, surprised, before turning her attention back to me questioningly.

He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to his body. He kisses my forehead gently and stares into my eyes, "Sweetheart, my presence will make you feel comfortable. Just by the way I hold your hand, you'll feel safe. As long as I'm with you, you can face any tide. We're not just couples; we're soulmates. Together we can face any possible day till the end."