Chapter 5- Knowing Alex

ALEX

Damn this traffic! How am I supposed to get to Malaya on time? I hit the horn of my car several times in frustration but all it did was noise. I tried to calm down and find another route through Google. From Quezon City, I tried to get to Manila where Malaya is located via Quezon Avenue. I took the alternate route I searched and luckily I arrived in school with enough time to spare.

"Is he the commercial model?" I heard some students whispering as I got out of my car. I thought for a second to ask them where this room on my schedule is but I changed my mind upon hearing something.

"We should have his autograph," the girl in white shirt said to her friends in excitement. I walked away from them in a hurry and just looked for a guard to ask for help.

The lady guard was very helpful in giving me directions. While walking to find the Rizal Building, I can see some students glancing at me. I'm not really used to having that much attention. Well I did some print advertisements and a series of commercials for a fast food chain before but after that I stopped accepting offers.

To my dismay, I noticed a girl following me. At first, I dismissed the idea but when I noticed that she's within few meters to where I am, I walked faster. I glanced repeatedly behind me to check if she's still there when I bumped into a guy.

"Watch it dude!" He said and walked away.

"Hey you!" I called out his attention. I can still feel the itching pain from the hot coffee he spilled on me. I was about to grab his shirt when I realized I'm making a scene in the hallway.

"Calm down man. It wasn't my entire fault," he pleaded.

"At least you could've said sorry and not just walk away like that" I went near him invading his personal space.

"Sorry okay? I didn't do it on purpose," he stepped back raising his hands in the air.

I examined him for a while and decided to let this pass.

"Go away now before I change my mind."

-------

I learned that her name is Charmaine. Of all people, she was my partner in our Introduce Your Pair Activity. I bet she's so happy with it. She even introduce herself first.

"Hi I'm Charmaine Reyes. I guess we're partners," she offered her hand for a shake.

I didn't move from my seat. I'm still annoyed with this girl. I then asked her what's on my mind.

"Why are you stalking me?" I asked, now facing her.

She has nice brown eyes, I observed. You could see the fury in her eyes with what I have asked her. If it weren't for her flushed face, raised eyebrow and frowning lips, she has a pleasant face to look at.

As expected, she denied it. She raised her voice at me prompting me to raise mine too. We remained like that until our professor noticed us confused of what was happening. In the end, we just didn't talk to each other.

After I cooled my head down, I came back to my senses. Could she be right about not following me? Did I just assume that she's stalking me? All of a sudden, I felt a little guilty with my actions. I had a bad morning and she received the effects of it.

"Kindly write anything." She gave me a piece of paper without looking at me. She also handed a paper containing some information about her.

Name: Charmaine Abigail Reyes

Age: 17

Height: 5'5

Place: Quezon City

Hobbies: Reading, Listening to music

Favorite Food: Adobong Manok, Ice Cream

Favorite Color: Blue

Dislikes: Arrogant, Disrespectful people

I was about to talk to her until our teacher called us in.

She's quite a shy person in front of many people. I then realize that perhaps, I was wrong. We went back to our seat and thought that I should apologize to her.