Chapter 8

CHAM

I still hate Dan for what he did. It was embarrassing for God's sake. I was stunned when he hugged me in public. Sure we're friends but why play jokes on me like that?

"You're spacing out again," Lexi came back on our table with our food.

"Are you thinking about that again? Don't be too serious Cham. You're too young to have wrinkles on your face," she smiled handing me a drink and a burger.

"Just let it go. You're friends anyway, right? Or maybe you want to tell me if it's more than that," she grinned widely before settling herself on the opposite chair in front of me.

"What? Of course not!" I exclaimed. It's just that you know I'm shy and all," I defended myself.

"Can I join you ladies?" A guy appeared in front of us cutting our conversation.

"Hi Lexi. It's been awhile, is it?" I transferred my gaze on Lexi only to see her mouth wide open.

"PJ?" She asked in disbelief. The guy smiled in return. "PJ!" Lexi screamed in excitement, got up from her seat almost jumping. He placed his tray of food on our table before finally hugging her.

"How are you?" Lexi said after they let go of each other.

"Still dashingly handsome," he smiled playfully caressing his jawline.

"How come you didn't show that handsome face of yours for years?" She pouted then slapped his arm making him taken aback and held it with his other hand.

The smile on his face vanished. It took sometime before he could answer.

"I didn't really know what happened to me. Everything got messed up," he said staring blankly on the floor.

"But I'm okay now," he raised his head looking at Lexi with a half-smile.

"Atleast you're here now," Lexi held her hand. 

"Don't worry too much okay? It'll destroy your dashingly handsome face," she teased, quoting what PJ said a while ago making both of them laugh.

I was left staring at them in confusion. I'm not the only one though. They seemed to have garnered an audience inside the cafeteria.

I studied his face and I'm sure I've already seen him somewhere. He has this pretty face for a guy and a jock vibe. He even looked good in the boys' school uniform- a white collared polo shirt with a V-neck blue vest on top and khaki pants. I observed him intently thinking where I saw this guy.

"Aah!" I finally remembered who he was. He was the guy who offered me his handkerchief.