Chapter 14- Denial

I skipped school today. Tito George told me that we'll be transferring to a new house right after the party last weekend. They had bought a new house and decided to transfer there as soon as possible.

"Will it cause you so much if we buy a new house?" I asked Tito George when they talked to me about it.

"Cham, it's time that we buy our new house. We're getting older and besides, we got it on a cheaper price. The company made sure that our loan will be approved so there's no problem in terms of money," he answered in a tone down voice.

"But we could've bought a house near this place. I don't want to be away with the people around here," I contested.

"Honey, nothing is permanent in this world. Sometimes, change is needed for us to grow. You can still keep in touch with your friends here anyway. It's not like you'll not see them forever," Aunt Carmela explained.

Even if I don't like to, I have no choice but to leave my now old sanctuary behind.

"Ready to go?" It was Dan who spoke carrying a box in his hands and a back pack on his shoulders.

"Yup," I lied. "Let me help you with that," he offered.

He put the box down and enclosed me in a tight hug. My eyes started to water.

"We'll always be here for you. You know that," he uttered caressing my back with his hands in an up and downward motion.

My tears started to fall with his reassuring words. I returned his hug and enclosed my arms around his body. I almost forgot that I have my true friends around me. Sometimes, I'm preoccupied with my own thoughts that I tend to outlook the positive things in my life. From now on, I'll try to focus on the positive things more.

"Time to go Cham," Tito George appeared in front of us. We broke from our hug and went outside to say my goodbyes to our neighbors.

"Be good Cham," Manang Loisa hugged me.

"Bye Ate Cham," Angelo said frowning.

"What's with the look Gelo?" Dan asked his younger brother.

"Will you still tutor me Ate Cham? I promise I'll be good." He asked, later raising his right hand.

That made me laugh and shook his hair.

"Of course I will. I'll visit often for you," I smiled at him and bent my knees down a little to hug him.

I realized goodbyes aren't really easy. It takes a lot of courage to move on and start a new chapter in your life. I could only hope for the best.

I took one last look at the house and all the people that where sending us off. I will miss this house. I will miss my home. I inhaled deeply and garnered my strength not to cry and smiled as I waved my hand to say goodbye.

----------------

As soon as we settled our things inside our new house, some of our neighbors, mostly housewives came with food to welcome us. The president of the home owner's association is yet to come later this afternoon.

Lexi also came after her last class.

"What happened to you at the party?" she inquired soon after we settled in the living room.

I promised Lexi that I'll tell her what happened that night. I didn't get to say goodbye to her personally when PJ offered me a ride home. How I ended up with PJ was a long story.