Chapter 10

ALEX

"Mr. Lim, you will be our male representative for the pageant. Ms. Villareal will be the female representative," she announced.

The dean already told me about the contest earlier this morning. I said yes to the offer. I won't lose anything if I join. Besides, I will have the chance to be with Erika.

"As for you Ms. Reyes, you will be leading your group to prepare for the coming festivity. You may choose your team members. I'm counting on you," she said to her.

I saw her breath deeply and placed her hand on her chest.

"No problem Prof", she responded with a sigh of relief.

"Anything but not the pageant", I heard her murmur.

"Yes, Ms. Reyes? Are you saying something?"

"Nothing Ma'am. I'll do my best for our college to win. Thank you for your trust," she answered.

I found myself staring at her. She's not that bad looking. In fact, she has a pretty face. She's just unaware of it.

"Any questions Mr. Lim?" They both turned to face me.

I looked away fixing my gaze to our professor.

"None so far," I answered.

"Alright, just approach me if you need help. You may go now," she dismissed us.

I stood up and went for the door before I remembered to say, "Just contact me for the schedule of practices and," I stopped for a while.

"If you need help with the preparations I can offer a hand," I continued.

She nodded, studying me with confusion drawn on her face. Maybe she didn't expect that from me.

"Sure. Thanks," she managed to say. I then saw her smile at me for the first time.

---------

CHAM

"Erika's your cousin?!" I said in disbelief.

"Yes. We're first cousins," she answered.

"We often see each other in family gatherings but we never really got to bond with each other," she added.

"Yeah. You don't seem close. Didn't you try to reach out to her? She's your cousin you know."

"I tried. When we were in first year high school, we were like bestfriends but later on I realize she didn't want to hangout with me. I don't know why," she trailed off thoughtfully.

Erika is one of the popular girls in school. To attest to her popularity, I even interviewed her for the campus crush section that I was tasked to make to get in on our school newspaper.

I can say that like Lexi, she is indeed a pretty face. She has this girl next door look equipped with a tall and thin physique. No wonder she does part-time modelling.

She even became more popular when rumors spread that Alex Lim is courting her. It's like Ms. Popular meets Mr. Heartthrob.

"Anyway, she's having a party this Saturday," Lexi continued eating her dinner. She will be staying at our house for tonight.