Chapter 1- Beautiful Stranger

Standing in front of our university gate, I closed my eyes, breathed deeply, feeling the ecstasy of the moment.

Thoughts of my parents came into my mind. It had been years since they passed away. Ten years of longing for their presence and affection. I felt tears escaping my eyes. If it weren't for that accident they would still be alive. They would've witness this milestone in my life.

Mom, Dad, I'm in college now. I'm here in the University where you previously studied. I hope you're proud of me.

After a while, I finally opened my eyes only to see people staring at me confusingly.

"Are you okay?" I heard a voice behind me. I turned to see whose voice it belonged and saw a guy about my age stretching his hand offering me a hanky.

"Here. Take it." He gently grabbed my hand and put it in my palm.

"It's okay. I do have one." I said removing his grip, touching the front pockets of my pants searching for my hanky.

"I insist."

I took it and wiped away the tears in my face.

"Next time don't cry in public. You're not beautiful when you cry."

I was dumbfounded. "What?" I pouted and gave him a dagger look. That's so rude of him. His behavior doesn't suit his good looks.

He chuckled. "I'm just joking. You're so serious," he continued laughing.

The crease in my forehead gentled with the expression on his face. His laugh is contagious I can't help but do the same. Maybe he's just being friendly. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for that.

"I seriously have to go. I'm running late," he said looking at his watch.

Right on cue, I suddenly remembered I was running late too. It didn't help that I forgot to set my alarm clock last night. I also declined Tito George's offer to drive me to school as they might not get to their flight. I let out a sigh and glanced at my watch. I only have 25 minutes left.

"Ah. Okay. Bye!" I managed to say before I left him and went inside the university.