I was now starting to see Angelica as a very close friend as we continued to talk about politics, the military, books and our education. My first female friend, Angelica Schuyler. What an incredible woman!

~~~~

"Angelica, we have been looking everywhere for you!" Angelica and I turn in our seats to see Eliza followed by Peggy, approaching. Eliza sits down and smiles politely,

"Hi again, (F/N), lovely to see you."

"And you, too, Eliza, Peggy," I nod at both in greeting as Angelica and Eliza have a conversation about their father. I concentrate on my book in front of me, not wanting to intrude on their family matters but the conversation soon leads to Alexander Hamilton.

Last night, John had introduced me to Alexander and we had talked for a while, becoming friends in the process. I had learnt of Alex's backstory and why he had come to America. I had also learnt that he was Washington's right hand man, meaning I will be working close with him in the near future.

"And he already sent me a letter!" Eliza gushes. The blush on her face and the passion in her eyes makes it crystal clear that she was in love.

"Yeah, look!" Peggy pulls out a letter from Eliza's basket as Eliza tries to snatch the envelope away from Peggy's reach but fails in her attempts. Peggy giggles as she finally hands Alex's letter over to Eliza while making mocking kissy faces at her.

"I guess you could say he's reliable with the ladies," I say and the Schuyler Sisters all laugh along with me at my joke.

"He's just so dreamy and his hair is so soft and his brown eyes are like the new trees in the garden in spring!" Eliza dazes off in her dreams about Alexander as I sigh happily, thinking of John and his own soft ringlets and forest green eyes that are as green as the new leaves in the garden in spring.

"Uh oh, (F/N)'s thinking about John now! Eliza, you've started a chain reaction! Next thing you know Angelica will be fantasizing about Marquis de Lafayette!" Peggy giggles.

"I can't help it! John has these adorable freckles that are placed so randomly but so perfectly like the stars! Don't even get my started about his sun bright smile and his grassy green eyes!" I couldn't stop myself from gushing over John, I had been holding it in since last night and now that I was surrounded by friends, that were girls, I could finally have the opportunity to gush and gossip like a teenager; something I had never got to do before now.

"Yep, she's definitely in love," Angelica teases while she leans over and pinches my blushing cheeks.

"But John just gets me. It's like he's known me my whole life, he understands where I politically and mentally stand and vice versa. It's like an... affinité." I close my eyes, imaging him. I imagine his face being centimeters from mine, his lips on mine, his hands on my waist.

No, I didn't imagine them.

I remembered them.

Eliza and I spent a good half hour gushing over Alexander and John and bonding with each other on a compassionate level before my eyes started to get heavy due to the dim light. I had to go outside for fresh air and to continue on my errand run before Lafayette starts to worry. Before I left, I made sure to give each Schuyler Sister a big hug, knowing that this would be the last time I see them for a while.

As I got to Angelica, I had whispered in her ear, telling her to write to me as often as she deemed fit and I was hoping that when I got to the camps, a letter would soon meet me there.

~~~~

'First. The powers of governing still remaining in the hands of the king, he will have a negative over the whole legislation of this continent. And as he hath shown himself such an inveterate enemy to liberty, and discovered such a thirst for arbitrary power; is he, or is he not, a proper man to say to these colonies, "You shall make no laws but what I please." And is there any inhabitant in America so ignorant, as not to know, that according to what is called the present constitution, that this continent can make no laws but what the king gives leave to; and is there any man so unwise, as not to see, that (considering what has happened) he will suffer no law to be made here, but such as suit his purpose. We may be as effectually enslaved by the want of laws in America, as by submitting to laws made for us in England.'